Why is this happening???

harsh

Inspired
Why is the recording tempo on my Axe FX not matching with my DAW? See the below track for example: when recording, I chug on the beat, but when played back, the timing is completely mis-matched.

When I record using any other audio interface, the problem disappears. I've checked that the sample rate in Logic is 48K. What else could be the issue? Someone please help...this is driving me nuts! :(

Sync problem by harshadasari on SoundCloud - Create, record and share your sounds for free

Last edited:
Why is the recording tempo on my Axe FX not matching with my DAW? See the below track for example: when recording, I chug on the beat, but when played back, the timing is completely mis-matched.

When I record using any other audio interface, the problem disappears. I've checked that the sample rate in Logic is 48K. What else could be the issue? Someone please help...this is driving me nuts! :(

Sync problem by harshadasari on SoundCloud - Create, record and share your sounds for free

Are you reporting "latency" ? I sometimes get that after having seamless operation for up to many hours of use. I just close down LOGIC Pro and reopen it again, and that usually solves it. I have noticed that it tends to happen to me when I change patches on the axe fx II with my MIDI foot controller. Since I track guitars by using one patch and remaining in that patch to record a part, this is a mere inconvenience (restarting LOGIC to fix latency).

You might have to change some buffer settings in the audio configuration of your DAW so your computer processor can keep up.

If you post the kind of computer, processor, memory, and the DAW software and version you are using, perhaps community members are on this forum, that could suggest settings to change to eliminate your latency issues.

Best of luck and keep rockin'

Thanks mate. It's really weird...its not exactly latency - when I play and record, everything is on time. When I play back, it's either before or after the beat. I'll play with the buffer settings and see if that helps. Using the new iMac 2.7 Ghz, Axe FXII and Logic Pro 9. The setup is pretty powerful, so that's probably not the issue.

Check to make sure your recording delay is set to 0 samples. I figured this out when I almost threw my computer out of the window after first trying to record something with Logic 9 through my Axe-fx II. For some reason it had reset itself and was about an 1/8th note behind when I played it back. Couldn't figure it out for a good portion of the day. Thought I was going to kill myself. Figured out it was just a stupid thing from Logic. Once you reset it it shouldn't go back to doing that. You can find it under the i/o buffer rate in the Audio Preferences menu. Peace!

Check to make sure your recording delay is set to 0 samples. I figured this out when I almost threw my computer out of the window after first trying to record something with Logic 9 through my Axe-fx II. For some reason it had reset itself and was about an 1/8th note behind when I played it back. Couldn't figure it out for a good portion of the day. Thought I was going to kill myself. Figured out it was just a stupid thing from Logic. Once you reset it it shouldn't go back to doing that. You can find it under the i/o buffer rate in the Audio Preferences menu. Peace!

You're the MAN! Thanks, that was the issue, indeed. All good now :)

No worries, mate. I was almost reduced to tears thinking I was going to have to get a new system to run my Axe on, which made no sense as my Mac is pretty dang good. The GC employee who is their Logic expert had no idea why there was even a recording delay function in Logic. That was when I stopped calling to ask him questions. Useless.

I basically stumbled upon the answer when I was looking at my buffer rates to make sure that I hadn't set it waaaaaay back. Then I just started reading every single thing I could about Logic and started going through the program's manual myself. I've learned a lot by doing this. Happy track-slanging goodness, bud!

Back
Top Bottom