Why good patches sound plastic on my Axe-Fx? SOLVED

Status
Not open for further replies.
DADA said:
EDIT 28-12-2010

Thanks to Mark Day's last patch I solved this issue.

Tip for good recording patches:
1. Attach your good headphone or Studio monitors direct in OUT 1 and kill the plastic with EQ/CAB/IR

Tip for good live patches:
2. Use the previous patches together with your FRFR system on stage volume and EQ the lows and mids.
Maybe you'll end up with two pair of patches.[/size]

So there 2 patch realities: One for on stage and one for studio's

And you are done [/color] :p

{facepalm} That is some in depth investigation my friend. All i can say is i bet Sherlock Holmes is crapping himself! ;)

Re: Why good patches of CK/MD sound plastic on my Axe-Fx?

Jay Mitchell said:
DADA said:
Plastic for me is transistor non tube like
Define "transistor non tube like," then. Without some reasonable point of reference, it's impossible to have a meaningful discussion.

So because a moderator finds it not meaningful the topic has ended!

After I am finished changing my patches I MAYBE will publish my findings and a walkthrough.
And MAYBE I will publish some patches if the moderaters here will allow me...........

Glad other members find it meaningful.

So patience my friends and MAYBE I will give you a new insight :mrgreen:

Scott,

It does not concern you! You have very helpful attitude. So much respect to your work and help!

It is just that a collegae of you has a way of communicating that really pisses me of.
And likes to push topics right of the cliff.

That is it.

Please do not come with how intelligent, knowledgable and famous amp and cab professor he is.

If, instead of getting your panties in a wad, you had simply given some thought to your choice of words and refined your description so as to better communicate via words the sounds you were hearing, you might have found that folks who wanted to help you could have more quickly homed in the problem, and therefore its solution. Terms like "plastic" and "transistor non tube like" are not definitive: they mean widely differing things to different people, just like the phrase "sounds digital." Using this kind of vague descriptive language invariably leads to the sort of almost random speculation that produces a thread of epic length, but with nobody who wants to help ever figuring out what the problem really is.

I posted in an effort to facilitate, rather than impede, efforts to help you. Had you responded in the same spirit, who knows how much more quickly you might have had your solution, and how much shorter this thread might have been?

The first step toward a solution is always to accurately define (and communicate in the case of an online forum) the problem. Getting pissed off at someone who is trying to assist you in pursuit of that is guaranteed to be counterproductive.

Gencives said:
I'm very curious to learn "definitive" words on sound !
If I ask why something sounds like shit, what do you figure are the odds that someone will be able to help me with my problem? :?

Being more frequency-specific would be a step in the right direction. E.g., back in the day, when Billy Gibbons wanted ZZ's monitor guy to EQ out a feedback frequency, he would tell him the musical note ("It's a G#") corresponding to the feedback frequency he heard. Even generics like "bass," "midrange," and "treble" are all useful in describing frequency ranges. It's also helpful to describe a sound in terms of how it affects the sound of any distortion that may be present. Even relatively vague terms like "harsh," "bright," "dull," "edgy," etc. are more definitive than "plastic" or "non tube like."

7SoundDwarves+Tshirt.jpg

Gencives said:
If i had this solution i would sell it and would be very rich ;)
I suspect that you imagine a different "problem" when you hear those phrases than do other people and that your "solution" would therefore not work for someone else. That's the problem with non-descriptive terminology: it means whatever you want it to mean, and it means something completely different to others.

DADA said:
Scott,

It does not concern you! You have very helpful attitude. So much respect to your work and help!

It is just that a collegae of you has a way of communicating that really pisses me of.
And likes to push topics right of the cliff.

That is it.

Please do not come with how intelligent, knowledgable and famous amp and cab professor he is.

He was just saying that it might help if you could describe your problem a bit more accurately, as some terms can mean different things to different people. I don't get how that could piss anyone off.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom