Why doesn't the FM3 have a cross over block?

fret

Experienced
Alternatively... best way to split the bottom end of the bass signal out for separate processing?

That was a request of mine a whole while ago. I would use two filter blocks where the -3dB frequency is the same. Maybe use a filter calculator tool for this to make it easier.

Alternatively... best way to split the bottom end of the bass signal out for separate processing?
Duplicate the signal at the point in the chain you are trying to split (two shunts from the same block) and put a filter block on each. Low pass the bass line and high pass the mid/treble line(s). Can process each line individually and send to seperate outputs from there or recombine further down the chain

That was a request of mine a whole while ago. I would use two filter blocks where the -3dB frequency is the same. Maybe use a filter calculator tool for this to make it easier.

I think Fractal owe us an explanation on that one.

I can't think of a good reason not to have it. Sure they might claim product differentiation. But with the FM9 still with no ETA (end of the year maybe?) and the Axefx3 still out of stock locally (let alone the price of a used car - A$4.7k). That's not going to fly with me.

Back
Top Bottom