Why doesn't it come with a cable??!

rdomain

Inspired
I just don't understand why the MFC-101 doesn't come with a midi cable especially seeing a lot of people are having trouble with the cable. Plus it's a premium bit of gear. Now I've read that a 7 core cable isn't even readily available in some countries?

I really hope one of my midi cables work when my mfc-101 arrives. Otherwise the pedal will work but will need external power? I'm hoping I can get a cable locally in case of issues.

Last edited:
in my experience, most premium gear does not include accessories, such as cables or power supplies.

I know! I just can't understand it. The nerve??? I mean this is the modern age. You would think a civilized country should be able to offer 7-pin cables with all pins wired! I would start with your local parliament or regional council, then take it up from there.

But you'll still need the power supply. The only difference is that with a 7 pin cable the supply plugs into the AxeFx.

My Liquidfoot did NOT come with a midi cable, but I paid extra and bought one from Jeff. IIRC my Rocktron All Access did not come with a midi cable either.

Both of these bits of gear were more expensive than the MFC (at the time of purchase). I am sure Cliff could give us the option of purchasing a midi cable separately, but with the internet....I can purchase the exact cable I want..or not at all since I have 3 that work with the controller already.

People would start complaining about the length. You know what people are like over length. Size matters. It's no good excusing the size of your midi cable by saying it must be cold out. It would probably be the wrong colour too. Plus, some forum member would suddenly get the urge to create a cable skin in assorted colours that you could download. There would be endless posts on guitar forums saying their midi cable is better than the axe-fx one. We'd suddenly have midi cable shootouts all over the interwebbythingy. You'd probably be able to get a Redwirez midi attachment. It would grow into a monster that no one could defeat.

haha :)

But you'll still need the power supply. The only difference is that with a 7 pin cable the supply plugs into the AxeFx.

For real? That's a bummer. I thought the 7 pin removed the wall wart from the equation. At least the wallwart is better living in the back of my rack than on the floor.

For real? That's a bummer. I thought the 7 pin removed the wall wart from the equation. At least the wallwart is better living in the back of my rack than on the floor.

The reason is different controllers have different power requirements.
They could build a 9v 200mA power supply into the Axe FX but what happens if someone builds a controller that needs 9v 600mA?
It is better this way imho.

Back
Top Bottom