Why does Fractal let Dealers out side the USA Rip users off so much ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I recently learned that it is illegal in NZ to buy or sell raw milk for human consumption. So these shady deals have to be conducted in dark corners of remote parking lots and if you are ever caught you have to explain that you bought the milk just to bathe in it...
Are you subtly trying to divulge a ANR fetish?

Noted. Bring along my III and a Fender when vacationing in Australia. "Misplace them" while I'm there, and pay for a good chunk of the trip.

Take the non-sale price of the Axe FX III from the Fractal website ($2500USD), adding 5% import duty and then 10% GST on top of that, and that gives you $2887USD, or $3722AUD. Pretty darn close to the $3908AUD that Independent Music are charging for the Axe Fx III in Australia.
And you need to add the international shipping & handling costs...

Assuming he didn’t willingly choose to move to the bottom of the world, I’d say the blame lays with his parents for having a child in a place where musical equipment costs a premium.....

so word of caution for all those thinking of bringing a baby into this world; how readily available is equipment going to be for them ? Remember, think about the children....

I'm OK with the price of musical gear in Australia. Cheese however - soooo expensive for a good cheese!
If you want really good cheese at affordable prices, move to Wisconsin.

https://www.agdaily.com/lifestyle/wisconsin-world-championship-cheese/

Wisconsin cheesemakers continued their international winning streak last week at the World Championship Cheese Contest by taking home 45 Best of Show awards and sweeping 14 contest classes.

The biennial three-day contest surged with more submissions than ever — 3,667 samples of cheese, yogurt, butter, and other dairy products from 26 countries around the world. Of the awards, Wisconsin claimed nearly one-third.

We could just put a pallet of FX3s on a wooden raft, Thor Heyerdahl style.

Eventually it may potentially end up in Australia. That would eliminate the import and shipping costs.

Maybe a small drone could line-guide it, and improve the navigation issues?

I'm a problem solver. ;)

Of course, one lost shipment would negate the entire system. (The word "system" applied very lightly)

Back to the whiteboard.....hot air balloons?!?!?
I'll jump in on this and add the idea of the solar powered trash collecting drone sailboats that are out there trying to clean up our mess.

oceanus-map.png

You think you've got it bad? There are certain regional types of pecorino semistagionato al tartufo that I can't buy in the USA for ANY amount of money!

Wow. You have highly specific tastes! Or are just naturally high maintenance! Or both!

Although there were some street Tacos in Bucerias that I still have dreams about. But that's a few hundred duckets and 3 hours away should I find that my life is empty without them.

R

As has been said, its the import costs that smash up the price. When I still lived in the UK (and I'm talking over 10 years ago) you could pick up a new Marshall 4x12 for about 350/400 pounds where a Mesa cab was over 800 to 1000. After moving to Canada I found its completely flipped, Marshall's are eye watering price here and all because of the import costs. Marshall are a UK domestic product, there's no importing expense so the end user gets a better deal, ship it out of country and watch the price go north.

Suck balls but that's how it is.

Interesting how everyone leaps to the defence of distributors with rip-off level pricing - oh there is freight, tax, staff cost, insurance etc.
US based retailers pay all these costs and still manage to sell with a positive margin. International distributors are getting stock at wholesale prices and yet exchange rate adjusted here in Australia sell for at least double the US retail.
Going back some years now Ibanez RG550 25th Anniversary - quoted price from Australian sellers AU $2,200 to $2,500 I purchased brand new from a US shop for the AU equivalent of $1,200 shipping included.
Custom Shop Jackson and Charvel Guitars - purchased via US retailer for equivalent of $2,200 each, Australian retailers wanting $6,000 plus.
Back when Carvin was still in operation website price for X220 was equivalent to AU$1,000 local distributor quoting AU$4,000.
If and when I upgrade to an Axe III it certainly won't be from the distributors here!

Interesting how everyone leaps to the defence of distributors with rip-off level pricing - oh there is freight, tax, staff cost, insurance etc.
US based retailers pay all these costs and still manage to sell with a positive margin.
This thread was specifically about Axe FX III prices in Australia, and I think it's been pretty clearly shown that distributors aren't making huge profits off sales in Australia. Fractal don't go through a retail distributor in the US, hence US customers don't need to pay all the overheads associated with distribution in another country.

I’d pay 10-20% more for my guitar gear if it meant I could get a proper cohiba at ANY price in the states. I mean, I have my stash but I hate feeling like Pablo Escobar for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom