Why does Fractal let Dealers out side the USA Rip users off so much ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bottom line, everything is more $$$ in Australia

Then you vote with your feet and move. It’s an island in the middle of the Pacific, with 25,000,000 people in total. It’s remoteness and lack of ability to enjoy economies of scale are not to be solved by outsiders.

You'll also have to appreciate that one of the cornerstone principles of a distributorship is that the distributor gets the goods at a discount and then can resell at whatever price it chooses to. Then it's market forces that will dictate what the distributor can resell at a profit. If you don't let the distributor charge what it needs to be profitable, the distributor ends up not making what it needs to continue the distributorship, and it will drop the arrangement.

Capitalism is self-regulating in this instance. If for example, a distributor in your country charges more than it would take for you to fly here, drive to Plaistow NH (5 miles from my house BTW), knock on the door and buy it yourself, then everyone will start doing that, the distributorship will lose business, and it will have to start charging less...

Note that Plaistow NH is beautiful this time of here - 29 degrees F, and all the snow you can shovel. Come visit and buy an Axe Fx in person - Cliff is very friendly...

Marketing these days has indeed taken a lot of cues from the snarky, cancel-culture bullshit that permeates the Interwebs, and companies like FAS that , for the most part, take the high road can fall victim to these types of attacks, and you can be sure that they are aware of it.
Amen brother, amen!

Here in Mexico, just south of the border, an Axe-FX III MK II is about $3170 USD plus shipping and it's the standard 1-year warranty, no free cap/shirt and USB cable, and on top of that NO FREE CHOCOLATES!!!. (Joking aside, still, the mexican dealer has been top-notch with all-things FAS)

It's been said before, it's not on FAS's hands to determine the final cost with their dealers. If you don't like that, take it to the people in charge of your country's economic & trade policies.

We could just put a pallet of FX3s on a wooden raft, Thor Heyerdahl style.

Eventually it may potentially end up in Australia. That would eliminate the import and shipping costs.

Maybe a small drone could line-guide it, and improve the navigation issues?

I'm a problem solver. ;)

Of course, one lost shipment would negate the entire system. (The word "system" applied very lightly)

Back to the whiteboard.....hot air balloons?!?!?

I have not been on the forum all that long. Just on and off for about a year. I keep seeing this same type of thread come up over and over and over. People respond polite then when the complainers do not get it then someone has to explain it in details and whether its not taking VAT into account anywhere near Europe or wherever and whatever the place and factors are when broken down it always comes down to the non USA seller are not making $1000 extra like the claims in the threads start out it. When someone has to waste their time again and explain in detail its always more like $100-200 extra. That is not enough to cry over and the price for the middle man/distributor to be in business and be available to the buyer for assistance if needed. The politeness towards this topic is amazing over and over.

Perhaps a separate section can be made specifically for this type of post and the new threads/posts can be moved to that section with a polite recommended to read all related posts in that section. Then no one else respond and let the OP’s read and educate themselves and whether its genuine people just not getting it at first they can read and then get it and if its just trolls or competitors then there will be less drama and less trolls posting if none of us takes the bait.

Moving forward I am going to try and never respond to threads/posts like this again.

And on less pleasant tone I am reminded of Frank Zappa...”Shut up and play your guitar!”

Last edited:
Hi t4d,
The cost is large, but worth it. As you get more experienced in life, you gain an understanding of what it costs to stay in business, and why prices do not seem to have parity as they cross borders. im telling you that the guys selling the axe fx here in Australia, are not making heaps of money, and are not ripping you off. They offer great service, an “always on” response, and are willing to help when you’re in difficult circumstances, As you may know, in Australia, nobody wants you to stay in business, (not the government, the unions, or the local councils) and it’s therefore expensive - that cost must be borne by the customers. There’s also great difficulty with the supply chain down here - it can take months to get a unit.
The axe fx is an awesome bit of kit. If you choose to get one, and benefit from this remarkable forum, perhaps start on a different foot.
thanks
Pauly
Good on you, Pauly. Well said.

Last edited:
Looking to upgrade to Axe 3 and Shocked at the local dealer price

4,023.00 AUD = 3,136.75 USD that's WAY over the top, some profit OK alittle local tax GST OK but dealers do get some discount too, but $1000+ USD more for what ?? support in Australia ?

I think it's best to ebay it USA and Pay for shipping I just do not want give any money to the local Australian rip off dealer or maybe a quad-cortex ?
I'd recommend building your own. It'll cost less.

Not talking about currency exchange...

The price of a Fender Ultra strat is $2999 Aus dollars. That would be $2323 in USD
https://www.portmacguitars.com.au/fender-american-ultra-stratocaster-rosewood-finger~42013

Fender Ultra HSS strat is $3315 Aus dollars. That would be $2568 in USD
https://www.musoscorner.com.au/fender-american-ultra-stratocaster-hss-maple-fingerboard-arctic-pearl

You can buy the same Fender Ultra guitar for $1899 USD from SW:
https://www.sweetwater.com/store/de...tocaster-ultraburst-with-rosewood-fingerboard
(which would be $2449 in Aus)

Fender HSS is $1949 USD from MF:
https://www.musiciansfriend.com/pdp/productDetail.jsp?skuId=site1skuL69975000005000&rNtt=ultra pearl&index=1
(which would be $2514 in Aus)

Bottom line, everything is more $$$ in Australia

Everything is more, including the minimum wage :tearsofjoy:

Here in Mexico, just south of the border, an Axe-FX III MK II is about $3170 USD plus shipping and it's the standard 1-year warranty, no free cap/shirt and USB cable, and on top of that NO FREE CHOCOLATES!!!. (Joking aside, still, the mexican dealer has been top-notch with all-things FAS)

It's been said before, it's not on FAS's hands to determine the final cost with their dealers. If you don't like that, take it to the people in charge of your country's economic & trade policies.

I'm in Canada and also didn't get a free shirt, usb cable, or chocolates. Whoever does get that stuff, it must be from a nice distributor.

I'm in New Zealand. Everything imported is more expensive here. Because of shipping, import duties, tax/GST but also the lack of volume; I'd be surprised if we had more than 30 or 40 Axe FX III units in the whole country.
It sucks at times, but in my mind other things more than make up for it.

In any event, Fractal has nothing to do with that.

You think you've got it bad? There are certain regional types of pecorino semistagionato al tartufo that I can't buy in the USA for ANY amount of money!
And suddenly Marco Fanton will have to visit Fractal HQ with a very heavy luggage... or pass on Border Security: America's Front Line

Similarly, the US FDA decided that ash separating the morning and afternoon milk in Morbier was an illegal colorant. Deliciousness denied.

I recently learned that it is illegal in NZ to buy or sell raw milk for human consumption. So these shady deals have to be conducted in dark corners of remote parking lots and if you are ever caught you have to explain that you bought the milk just to bathe in it...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom