Why do the high end MIDI footcontrollers not have built-in..

I share your ponder. However its pretty simple. People who spend that much on a controller are picky mo-fos and want a specific feel. Others are to damn nostalgic for there own good and insist on having something that feels AND looks like a wah pedal. The other thing I'm not quite on board with yet is the whole, if it don't fit in my rack it gets left behind mindset. built in expression pedals wouldn't be able to follow the 19 inch rack drawer rule of thumb for pros. The All Access limited comes with a bracket that attaches there expression pedal and the FC 300 is probably the highest end one you'll find with everything built in.

I can see 3:

- Some controllers have extensions, that can be placed on thee left or on the right depending of the user's mood. If my controller has expression pedals on the right and I also want my extension on the right, i'm screwed

- The possibility to choose the pedals you want, or reuse the ones you already have

- It's already fraking expensive, don't need to add more $$$/€€€ on the price tag.

Because the feeling of each pedal is different (caused by differences in architecture, material, electronic , design etc.). As the feeling is important for many guitar players (never change a winning team), they just don't like any pedal and want to use what they are used to. Buying a footcontroller with a pedal that you don't like is wasted money.

Back
Top Bottom