Why did the Axe II price go up from $2200 ro $3000?

list is $3000
regular price is $2600
if you wait on the list for a discount coupon its $2200.
its been like that since the first week it was released

Reactions: jon
$2200 or $3000 Deal or No deal?

When they first released it, I never saw anything saying it listed for $3000, where was it listed? All I saw was $2200. I thought that was very reasonable, and it probably is even at $3000, but not in my budget :) I have a friend that is on that list, and has not heard anything from them as to it being available yet. Whats up with that? People are getting them, yes? Is it who and in what order they are listed on the list. Can I get on that list to get one for $2200 or is it a limited list? I would consider one at $2200, but I will pass at $3000. My Ultra still works as good as the day I got it, but better with all updates :) So if you get a message from them saying you are now eligible for a Axe II, but are short the funds this month due to unexpected financial issues, will you loose the chance to get it at that price? or can you get a rain check deal?

Thanks
Edge59

i think youre mistaking LIST and Retail. I dont think they have ever been sold for LIST. thats just manufacture list price that fractal puts on their website.
it sells for 2600.
i think you can still get on the waiting list. just send an email to fractal asking them to put you on the list. there should be a sticky posted regarding this. however, you probably wont receive a confirmation email saying "YOU ARE ON THE LIST"...so dont get discouraged. and it will most likely be a verrrry long wait if youre just getting on the list now.

you may want to just try and snag one at 2600 if they are ever in stock.

the discount coupon is good for 30 days...i dont think they do rain checks

Last edited:
The regular price is $2200, the price didn't go up until the waitlist was implemented, which IIRC wasn't in the first week. Candy coat it how you like but you're on the waitlist to pay the regular price.
You can get on the waitlist by sending Fractal an email saying you want on the Axe II waitlist. Coupon is good for 30 days.

Cheers.

The official price is, and always has been, $2199.95. It was sold at that price for the first week or so, but then FAS moved to the waiting list mode. The first version of the waiting list was to raise the price to $2599.95 with a $400 discount for people whose names come up on the waiting list. Those units continually sold out before any waiting list notifications went out.

Enter waiting list 2.0. Now most units go to the store page for the waiting list, where the price is listed at $2999.95 with an $800 discount when your name comes up on the waiting list. This is just to keep people from trying to jump line and place orders from that store page; only orders from those who have been notified will be processed, but it wastes time for FAS when people try to jump line. A limited number of units go to the regular store page at $2599.95, but FAS has primarily been working on getting through the waiting list.

Once the waiting list has been served, FAS will most likely go back to offering units on the regular store page at $2199.95.

IIRC...

When first introduced, the original list price was $2599 with a selling price of $2199.

When the waiting list was implemented, the list price was raised to $2999 with a selling price of $2599. The waiting list discount coupon takes the price back down to $2199.

So, technically the price went from $2599 to $2999.

Back
Top Bottom