Why can't I get the Stephen Carpenter presets

mattman1985

Hey, I recently found a thread talking about Stephen Carpenter's presets for the Axe-FX 3 MKII and when I tried importing them onto my Axe FX 3 Turbo it said that something wasn't compatible anymore, what happened? Why can't I import them? what changed between 2013 and now? I'm a huge deftones fan so I'm bumming that I can't use these presets, is there any way I can convert them over to whatever the turbo needs?

Thanks in advance for all the help!

The Axe Fx III was not released in 2013.

I'm pretty sure they're Axe Fx II presets...
So yeah, I misread it, It's an Axe FX II thing (gotta love being dyslexic). But still, Is there anything I can do to convert these patches over to the Axe FX III? I've tried downloading the fractool stuff and my MacBook Pro does not like the download file what so ever, it refuses to open it so I'm at a loss if what to do. Does anyone have any suggestions?

So yeah, I misread it, It's an Axe FX II thing (gotta love being dyslexic). But still, Is there anything I can do to convert these patches over to the Axe FX III? I've tried downloading the fractool stuff and my MacBook Pro does not like the download file what so ever, it refuses to open it so I'm at a loss if what to do. Does anyone have any suggestions?
Even if you convert with FracTool it's not likely to sound as expected.

From 2013 until it's end of life, the Axe Fx II changed dramatically. The Axe Fx III has continued to change over the last 6 years.

Reactions: Ole
Even if you convert with FracTool it's not likely to sound as expected.

From 2013 until it's end of life, the Axe Fx II changed dramatically. The Axe Fx III has continued to change over the last 6 years.
Damn it, there were a couple things I had heard about stef's rig that I was hoping to incorporate, I also know he said he was using some stock patches out of the axe fx 2 and I was hoping I could yoink those and start using them myself. Is there a way I can download the axe fx 2's stock presets and use them on the axe fx 3 or is the same problem where the two units are just so similar it's not possible to do that? This may be a silly question but what if I temporarily bought an axe fx 2 just so I could copy and paste all the setting and things like that? would that work?

Damn it, there were a couple things I had heard about stef's rig that I was hoping to incorporate, I also know he said he was using some stock patches out of the axe fx 2 and I was hoping I could yoink those and start using them myself. Is there a way I can download the axe fx 2's stock presets and use them on the axe fx 3 or is the same problem where the two units are just so similar it's not possible to do that? This may be a silly question but what if I temporarily bought an axe fx 2 just so I could copy and paste all the setting and things like that? would that work?
You can use FracTool to do it... But the translated settings won't get the expected results.

You could get an Axe Fx II, load up the firmware from when those presets were created and load them up...

You can use converted presets on the Axe Fx III to get the "structure" / signal flow of the original presets but you'll need to tweak everything by ear (comparing to Axe Fx II).

Same deal for factory presets...

I tried getting Fractool to work but my computer won’t even open the file. My MacBook says something about not being able to verify the developer or something like that so whenever I try to open the file it just says no. Is there some sort of official download link I can use for Fractool or am I shit out of luck here?

Also my plan for the axe fx II thing would be to just sit there and manually program each patch to sound the same, or as close as I can get it. I’m a college kid on summer break with nothing but time so I don’t mind doing this, but it would be SO much easier if I could just use Fractool, LMAO.

Also, you mentioned something about the translated settings not giving me the expected results, why is that? Are the two units THAT different from each other? I know there’s probably close to a decade between them but still. Is this just something where it’s better to use my ear then to get the sounds I want?

Also, you mentioned something about the translated settings not giving me the expected results, why is that? Are the two units THAT different from each other? I know there’s probably close to a decade between them but still. Is this just something where it’s better to use my ear then to get the sounds I want?
Completely different modeling technology and hardware that will result in very different tonal results. Those presets were made with the Axe II firmware at the time, which is drastically different than Axe III firmware now.

If you want those presets, and that exact tone, buy a used Axe II and load the presets in.

Back
Top Bottom