Why am I getting a weird noise when switching scenes?

Scene 2 is changing Delay 1 to Channel B and that channel is set for a different delay time than channels A and C. Probably causing a pitch warble on your delay tails after it bypasses the block in Mute FX In mode. To avoid the warble, keep the same delay time or switch between different delay blocks instead of changing the delay time value. I don't have an FM3 to hear it, but that's my guess looking at it in Fractool.

I had that issue in my Ax8 when using the A\B feature for the delay block
on this pre set to avoid it should be switching from one block to the next as opposed to going from one Delay Bllock n using delay A for my rhythm with one Delay, then triggering delay B for my solos which is the goal.

@mr_fender when you looked at my pre-CERT wasn’t set up as you’re describing or am I not reading your solution correctly? Two different delay blocks should allow me to have two different times set correct?

You've got two different delay blocks, but you are still changing channels in delay 1. Even though delay 1 is getting bypassed in some scenes, any signal that is already in the delay chain continues to ring out since you have your bypass mode set to Mute FX In. Its the delay tails that are getting the pitch warble, even though that block is getting bypassed. If you set the delay time in Channel B to match Channel A and C it should solve the problem.

@mr_fender the goal is to have one delay setting for rhythm and another with a longer repeat for the solo scene. I've done it for years on my Ax8 and Ax II. On the Ax8 it would do this if you did not use 2 different delay blocks if I remember correctly.

This has to be a common use of scenes for most folks

I went ahead and got rid of the 2nd day block and have A-C set to 'Mute fx out' as @unix-guy suggested.
Now I am getting latency changing scenes -all new. The warble trail is a little less but this still suck

Any other ideas?
@chris ?

Thanks fellas!

Attachments

• Knaggs Lemon MAIN!.syx
    24.1 KB · Views: 0
The problem is not between the delay blocks. It's changing the delay time via channels in a single block. All four channels share the same delay memory, so if you change the delay time between any two channels, you'll get that warble in the wet signal and repeats. To get around this, use two separate delay blocks, one set long and one set short and switch between the two blocks via scenes. There's no need to change channels in either block if you are switching between two different delay blocks. That way delay time doesn't change mid stream in either block and there's no warble. Mute FX In is what is going to let your delay tails ring out after the block is bypassed. Mute FX Out will chop them off hard.

Last edited:
Re worked from another preset doing what I want with no issues. Still curious why the snafu in the 1st pre set?

Attachments

• Knaggs Lemon FM3.syx
    24.1 KB · Views: 1
@mr_fender thats how I had the initial pre set set up exactly how I had to in the ax8. In the re set above I am using one delay block and there is no warble.

What did you mean by 'no need to change Chanels'? Are you calling Delay A a different Chanel than 'B' within a given Blook?

Thanks!

In scene 2 of your original preset, Delay 1 block was bypassed and Delay 2 block was active. Delay 1 block also changed channels to channel B, which had a different delay time in it. Because the bypass mode was set to Mute FX In, the delay tails were still ringing out when the time changed and you could hear the resulting warble in the repeats. If you had kept the Delay 1 block in channel A the whole time, you would not have gotten the warble.

Back
Top Bottom