Why all the Metal??????

What does that even mean? Its just metal. It's a form of expression, it's art! Just because you don't jive with it, but you still have a few opinions about it (like most people these days). If I don't jive with something very well, more often than ever it's because I don't understand much about it.

So true. I know people who admittedly only like lyrics about "real life"; some lyrics in metal admittedly were silly even for me, (

and this is not a good analogy, but its something like saying paintings should only try for "realism". Then later they admit that they don't really like lyrics at all, but if there are lyrics they should be about "real life". Then later they admit they only like "groove" music. Then its only groove music if its not progressive. Then you find that they have an example of a "hostile" song which is actually satirical. It eventually becomes clear that music is loaded with so many deep and involved art forms that learning to enjoy them all is a little impossible.

It touches you but that doesn't mean you're given in to it. In fact, if you can allow yourself to be touched by it, that's the best evidence you're capable of handling that side of life. When Ozzy's line "Generals gathering the masses" first entered my living room when I was growing up, I heard an honesty there I had literally been looking for -wondering about - even though I was not knowledgeable enough to understand the implications. There's darkness in some of that stuff, and yet there is profound integrity in a lot of it. That's how I feel generally about all the art forms of music, if they are done well - and if a fairly decent audience has learned to like something, I find I can learn to enjoy it as well so I don't judge it until I give it 20 minutes, and usually I come away with a positive impression afterwards - okay, the harmful side of it is maybe that you would choose a vein of it that becomes self aggrandizing or self-defeatist. I don't see a lot of people falling into that category except if they are already given over to more material abuse.

I noticed that too. And that made it hard for me to decide to buy the Axe Fx because I didn’t know how well it would do country. Spoiler Alert - really well. But I was a bit discouraged when deciding if I should go thus route or the Kemper route because like you said, nothing was on YouTube (the official resource for everything) outside of metal. I’m glad I made the leap of faith because this thing can do just about anything. I’ve since put a few country videos up in hopes other people find them and realize the Axe isn’t just for metal heads

I must start by saying I haven't read the complete 12 pages of this thread, but her it goes. I play Lead in a Dire Straits tribute band, and the Axe FX does a fantastic job. I have nearded to find the old school DS knopfler sound across the "brothers in arms" Les paul sound to the latest more modern Dire Straits SLO 100... Just gotta love this thing.... I'm working with 25, 5 scenes presets, one per song.

What drew my attention to the Axe-FX were the gazillion Axe-FX metal vids on youtube, because yawn (which is irony so thick you can scoop it up and serve it in an ice cream cone cause I love metal), no it was the many tribute Edge's who were doing U2 covers with them. And really nailing basically every tone with the Axe-FX. Except Mysterious Ways. That famed Korg A3 funkwah that's been the bane of the Axe for basically forever. Many have achieved a passable preset, but never quite right.

So I'm new to Axe FX and curious how they would work with a Bogner Ectasy amp? I'm into metal of various kinds but mostly looking to get a Fit For An Autopsy , After The Burial , and or Meshuggah tone. Can anyone give me some info on whether an Axe FX would be good to use with a Bogner to achieve those tones or should I stick with other pedals? I recently got an Ibanez 8 and a Shecter 7 also.

So I'm new to Axe FX and curious how they would work with a Bogner Ectasy amp? I'm into metal of various kinds but mostly looking to get a Fit For An Autopsy , After The Burial , and or Meshuggah tone. Can anyone give me some info on whether an Axe FX would be good to use with a Bogner to achieve those tones or should I stick with other pedals? I recently got an Ibanez 8 and a Shecter 7 also.

Do you mean using the axefx as your preamp and the Bogner as your poweramp? I'm assuming the Ecstasy has an FX loop which would mean you could easily send the output of the axe to the return of the ecstasy and then you could probably easily get some killer tones out of it. I'm not familiar with the first two bands, but I'm pretty sure Meshuggah still use AxeFX live, I don't think it would be a very difficult tone to cop...most of that sound just comes from the low tuning, another big chunk from not using too much gain, and the small bit from getting the amp settings right.

You could also hook it up in 4 cable method so that you could switch between using the Ecstasy's preamp while using the axe for effects (both pre- and post-ecstasy preamp) and using the axefx for everything.

Back
Top Bottom