Who's your go to Fractal guru?

For YouTube video’s Leon Todd is my favorite. Just love his enthusiasm and knowledge. Watching dozens of his videos on the G66 channel made me choose Fractal!

Don t about Burgs …. Brett is master in creating amazing sounds ,
In my three choices , i ll add Edo , as U2 fan it s a dream come true to play his sounds .
And finally the one and only … Moke … MyAxemaster.
Those three are giving me jours and hours of fun , pleasure .

depends on the question at hand I guess - LT is certainly where I often go first if the manual / forum search isn't revealing anything.

I like them all for different reasons, but the chief commander is the individual which name i have forgotten atm,
which suggested to use the 59'Bassman without PA modelling as a Preamp for other Amps.
With some tweaks it makes the Plexi so huge and warm sounding gets me even more into different Jimi Hendrix kind of Tones

I like them all for different reasons, but the chief commander is the individual which name i have forgotten atm,
which suggested to use the 59'Bassman without PA modelling as a Preamp for other Amps.
With some tweaks it makes the Plexi so huge and warm sounding gets me even more into different Jimi Hendrix kind of Tones
I haven't heard of that one yet. Sounds intriguing. Care to share a preset?

This is gonna make me unplug the FM3 and fire up the old Axe Fx II

In addition to those mentioned above, Rosh Roslin has helped me understand the Fractal system, even long before mine is due.

I also read the manuals before the unit arrived. I reread them with the unit in front of me. I think those are the most important places to start.

But for YouTube, Leon Todd all the way. He goes by @2112 on this forum. He's really great at showing how to use brand new features too (like Dynamic Distortion, e.g.). @yek's guides are great, and the wiki is essential. I open the wiki all the time to these three pages:

https://wiki.fractalaudio.com/wiki/index.php?title=Drive_block

https://wiki.fractalaudio.com/wiki/index.php?title=Amplifier_models_list

https://wiki.fractalaudio.com/wiki/index.php?title=Cabinet_models_list

Plus the wiki is great because it's a compendium of Cliff's randomly placed explanations of stuff in the unit that might otherwise be hard to explain. Of course some of Cliff's explanations are not layman-friendly anyway, but you can still parse how to use stuff from them!
This + Cooper Carter will get you really far and is probably all you need.

In general, I find that immersion helps. If you scour YouTube and watch many different videos, you'll wind up learning a ton through osmosis alone. That will also help you determine who puts out the content that resonates most with you.

Back
Top Bottom