who's running a BASIC rig?

kloppsta

hi all,

i have recently moved back to an axe2 after playing tube amps for a while and i am really enjoying it! tweaking patches to find my "tone" is a lot of fun :)

i think that i am running a very simple setup and i just wanted to hear from folks who are also running simple axe2 rigs.

my axe2 (cab sims off) connects in mono to a matrix gt1000fx (bridged-parallel mode) into a splawn 4x12 cab (16ohms mono). i use a ground control pro for switching and i have a pedaltrain pt2 with a few pedals running in front of the axe2 and some in the fx loop. i know the axe2 could replace all the pedals but i like having the best of both worlds :)

i feel like this is a very basic configuration for an axe2 and i know im not even scratching the surface of its capabilities, but i like to keep things simple and find that even in this configuration there is a steep learning curve for me, mostly with getting the "settings" in the axe2 correct.

i would love to hear from and see other peoples axe rigs running in a similar vein....or perhaps im the only one who "dumbs" it down this much! hahah :)

p9110028.jpg

Last edited:
i think that i am running a very simple setup and i just wanted to hear from folks who are also running simple axe2 rigs.
Do you call your rig "simple"? I run an Axe-Fx II with a modified Behringer FCB1010, an instrument cable, a guitar and some electricity directly into the mixer. The rest is up to the soundguy. That's what I call simple and minimalistic. :lol

Reactions: gin
Do you call your rig "simple"? I run an Axe-Fx II with a modified Behringer FCB1010, an instrument cable, a guitar and some electricity directly into the mixer. The rest is up to the soundguy. That's what I call simple and minimalistic. :lol

haha fair enough! your rig wins for simplicity :) i guess i figured my rig was "simple" in the sense that it is basically emulating a "head + cab" rig. i only use 4 patches (clean, crunch, rhythm, lead)

I may have the simplest 'rig' of all: guitar > Axe > FOH

I manually switch between the handful (2-4) of patches I use from the front panel. I never play from the stage and hear everything as the audience does through FOH. Any tonal changes occurring within songs are done with volume adjustment and/or pickup selection.

My rig literally consists of one guitar, one cable and the Axe.

In my defense, I'm not a pro by any stretch... this is simply a very satisfying hobby of mine... and, my 'shows' are anything but orthodox.

Oh... I almost forgot... the AKAI MPC2500... the fastest, most precise drummer on the planet.

Just running one channel into the cab which is Mono. seems to do the trick! :)

same here :) do you mind if i ask you a couple of questions on how you setup your axe2?

do you run the "OUT 1" knob on the front panel on full and then adjust your overall volume using the channel level "A" on the matrix?

do you find you get enough volume with this configuration? do you get any clipping on the matrix or can you set the volume knob of channel A on the matrix on full?

do you use your global settings to adjust the overall output gain or do you leave those at the default settings?

thanks!! :)

BASIC is too clumsy these days, for simple stuff I use Java or Python.

As for the Axe I'm pretty much amp + cab and maybe a little reverb and/or delay (very little effects, I like it punchier) into a GT800FX and FRFR cab.

Back
Top Bottom