Who wants a Gibson?

Roadrunner

Power User
Who wants a Gibson / Chibson / Cheatson?

1517525_737871572965218_8558097902143838154_n.jpg

Last edited:
I assume some Chinese Builder got busted for building knock offs, and are being disposed of. That's what it looks like to me any way. I could be wrong of course.

I assume some Chinese Builder got busted for building knock offs, and are being disposed of. That's what it looks like to me any way. I could be wrong of course.

This is the correct answer. I remember reading an article a little while back with this picture. It was a load of Chinese fakes that got seized at customs and were going to be destroyed.

This is the correct answer. I remember reading an article a little while back with this picture. It was a load of Chinese fakes that got seized at customs and were going to be destroyed.

I think that this is a good reminder that there is always another side to the wanting to have a cheap knock off of a brand guitar. Customs, has no problem doing its job.

Thread should be re-named into "who wants a Chibson" :lol

I was actually thinking the same thing! Too bad they are all being destroyed. They probably play as well if not better than most everything Gibson is putting out right now lol. Or at least have more consistency in quality. :lol Maybe Henry could have used these to limit his production costs and had more consistency in quality.

...Maybe Henry could have used these to limit his production costs and had more consistency in quality.
That was my first thought.
Especially considering this is only one of who knows how many loads gets by (or around) customs.
Punish the offending party and reward the offended in one blow.
They could be sold by Gibson, for what they are, and "as is" for 100 each.

I'm not a fan of Henry J, but if these people can build copies of Gibson guitars, they can build their own guitars and market them under their own label. They don't have to resort to deceiving an honest customer who thinks they're purchasing a Gibson.

That said, the best Les Paul I've ever played was a copy. It was made by an unnamed luthier from the Pacific Northwest. I thought something looked "off" about the headstock, but it felt so good. The fretboard was Brazilian rosewood and played like butter.

Back
Top Bottom