Who use always the same IR in every preset?

Warms my heart to know so many people are making guitar noises with those IR's.

I usually roll with the same amp and IR throughout a show. TV Mix 7 has been the one for a while now, paired with the Mark IV model for Ragdoll original shows and with the 2204 when we do cover gigs. I'm on tour with a theater show next month and I'm using the 2203 High for everything crunchy and the 2204 Low for cleans with the same IR.

I've been using this IR for pop gigs where I'm mostly playing funky clean stuff all night - https://axechange.fractalaudio.com/detail.php?cab=756
Leon, do have this for the FM3?

York Audio
For Clean always MES 212 V30
and everything else York 212 M65 Creamback

Music Style Rock/Hard Rock
Most frequently played guitars with these cabs:
Gibson Les Paul
PRS S2

But I am also constantly testing other IRs from ownhammer etc. simply because I really enjoy it and it's like a CD collection for me, but with the two cabs mentioned I get exactly what I expect for my style

It took me a while to understand the advantages of 2x12 cabs, and even taking the Fletcher Munson curve into account, the sound remains defined
Especially the York Audio 212 Creamback combines the advantages of the 212 and 412 cabs, one of my best recent discoveries, I would take this cab with me to the famous island

Thank you a lot Justin York 🙏
You have catapulted my sound quality up several levels

Last edited:
My brain goes into a meltdown when I look at the never-ending list of available options when it comes to IRs.

This is a bit of a long shot, but if anybody should read this and feels helpful, would you perhaps post a screenshot/capture pic of the settings that you use for your ideal cab simulation? Please. :)

I only play in the house and only play at low-volume levels so one IR to me sounds like almost any other IR. But I put this down to a lack of air movement. With Dyna cabs (as an example), I don't know how best to set the "blue dot" (in the edit screen). If I could see other people's examples I may be able to work the best settings based on your expert ears. People seem to say to set the low cut at 80Hz and some the high cut at 8K, I do this and don't hear any difference.

I am at the stage where if I am making a preset based on a Marshall I will just go to a Marshall type of IR, likewise with Fender, Boogie etc etc.

I would love to let rip and turn up the volume, but sadly I can't. Unless I sell my house and move!

My brain goes into a meltdown when I look at the never-ending list of available options when it comes to IRs.

This is a bit of a long shot, but if anybody should read this and feels helpful, would you perhaps post a screenshot/capture pic of the settings that you use for your ideal cab simulation? Please. :)

I only play in the house and only play at low-volume levels so one IR to me sounds like almost any other IR. But I put this down to a lack of air movement. With Dyna cabs (as an example), I don't know how best to set the "blue dot" (in the edit screen). If I could see other people's examples I may be able to work the best settings based on your expert ears. People seem to say to set the low cut at 80Hz and some the high cut at 8K, I do this and don't hear any difference.

I am at the stage where if I am making a preset based on a Marshall I will just go to a Marshall type of IR, likewise with Fender, Boogie etc etc.

I would love to let rip and turn up the volume, but sadly I can't. Unless I sell my house and move!

Hopefully you have some good phones. I’m a night shifter and most of my playing is done in the evenings. So most of my playing time is done on phones. It isn’t as good as running a speaker at 90db but it gets the job done.

Back
Top Bottom