Who use always the same IR in every preset?

i tend to go for the same one for metal tones (atm OTTO audio cabs)

everything else i still like to experiment, really enjoying the Dyna-Cabs

I use the dynacab recto straight and recto slant for all my non marshall type high gain settings. Straight is dynamic mic at cap edge. Slant is ribbon at cap - 6db or so. I adjust the ribbon db to taste as well as the distance. Works for me.

Me... Currently that's a custom blend of a G12H30 and a G12M25 from the (first) York Audio MTCH pack.

Over my time using IRs with Fractal, I've used maybe 5 IRs... And whatever I'm using gets used in all presets.

I occasionally like to explore looking for others. If I find something I like better then I'll switch.

I do...YA KW 4x12. For live playing, I use identical FX and cabs, and only 3 dual-amp rigs. Consistency helps the band's sound, and it's much easier for me to tweak and keep track of what I need to cover 3-4 sets. Also, it's good to know what to expect if I should deviate from Setlists/Scenes and use some FX on the fly.

I tried a lot of irs but I always come back to legacy 60 and 61.
Don’t know why, they just sound great with everything. I just put 3.5 alignement in the 61 and the mix is great.
Low cut depends between 80 and 120 and high cut at 10k/12k.

I just would like to smooth them a little but impossible on the fm3 and option not available on cablab.

It would be great if you guys post which IR you use. I use different ones, but I think I could live like @yek with the TV Marshall Dyna-Cab.

Last edited:
Yeah I’m using 1 IR for everything. Sometimes I use the other 2-3 in my rotation but for the last 6 months it’s just the one. No reason to change because I like the sound of it.

It would be great if you guys post which IR you use. I use different ones, but I think I could live with like yek with the TV Marshall Dyna-Cab.
I've been on Ownhammer FMAN M93 57-05 for a while now.
I used to run Ownhammer MRBW GNR 57-05.
If I need more low end, which I usually don't, I'll add some proximity.
I cut in the preamp tab 150-7500.

Back
Top Bottom