who-is-the-leo-fender-of-today

Cool I never saw that article. It certainly to me was the first serious digital emulation I had ever heard. Now it's so crazy good, I think I speak for most on the forum that we all will stick with FAS for the journey.

I've even gone back to an amp using the axe for some models and fx but I will never not have the flagship fractal around.

My first paying gig was in 1964. I have journeyed through a LOT of gear. In 2010, I tried the Fractal Ultra. I have been using Fractal gear ever since. FAS changed my musical journey for the better. Somehow, saying "thanks" to Cliff and the FAS team, just does not quite make it for me. After playing FAS for 7 years now, every time I plug in and play, I am just as enamored with the Fractal sound as I was the first time. No better gear for me. It's great to see Cliff get the recognition he so richly deserves. As long as I can drag these bony old fingers across a set of strings, Fractal will be makin' the tone.

I remember reading that awhile back. When I first saw the title I thought, "They should definitely mention Cliff." And I wasn't disappointed.

None of them seem like Leo. IMHO. Leo didn't even play guitar, yet he created things that have withstood the test of time and boggle the mind how someone with no playing experience would think of. No slight to Cliff and what he did, but all he did (in a nutshell) was make something better. Modeling was out long before Cliff. So I think its apples and oranges. (flame retardant suit on).

None of them seem like Leo. IMHO. Leo didn't even play guitar, yet he created things that have withstood the test of time and boggle the mind how someone with no playing experience would think of. No slight to Cliff and what he did, but all he did (in a nutshell) was make something better. Modeling was out long before Cliff. So I think its apples and oranges. (flame retardant suit on).
Leo didn't invent the electric guitar, he took the electric guitar and revolutionized it in a way that's still prevalent today and will be for years to come. While cliff didn't develop modeling tech he's changed the game in a way that everyone else is still trying to play catch up on. Sounds like Leo to me :)

Leo didn't invent the electric guitar, he took the electric guitar and revolutionized it in a way that's still prevalent today and will be for years to come. While cliff didn't develop modeling tech he's changed the game in a way that everyone else is still trying to play catch up on. Sounds like Leo to me :)

he didn't invent the frying pan, but a real guitar, nothing like it existed before it, also all his work with amps. Imagine guitar without Leo's work.

he didn't invent the frying pan, but a real guitar, nothing like it existed before it, also all his work with amps. Imagine guitar without Leo's work.
Leo also has decades of hindsight backing him, Cliff? Barely one. Only time will tell how big fractal impacts the music world but from what can be seen at this point, the leaps that have been made in 10 short years, is say cliff is absolutely on track to changing things in a way that people 100 years from now will be thinking "how did they get on without this?". Imo anyway

Back
Top Bottom