Who Is On Your Mt. Rushmore Of Guitar Players?

Well, all the aforementioned names are the usual suspects (and most are on my list as well).

Buckethead rarely gets a mention, and IMHO he is as good as any of the names listed
Oh I definitely agree, I just thought he was very highly regarded (maybe not in this thread specifically tho 🤔)

Based on the guitar players that inspired me to learn and keep playing:

Gary Richrath
Allen Collins
Ace Frehley
Scott Gorham

Though I started playing when I was 10 back in '75, it wasn't until Ace Frehley inspired me to really pursue it 2 years later. Even so, he didn't make my top 4.

Throw these 4 into a blender and you'd have my perfect guitar style. Listed in no certain order.

SRV
Tommy Shaw
EVH
Gilmour

Honorable mentions would include Clapton, Eric Johnson, Jeff Healey, and of course Frehley.

Got to meet one of my guitar idols in Nashville a couple of years ago. Really down to earth, cool guy.

EJandTommyShaw.jpg

Though I started playing when I was 10 back in '75, it wasn't until Ace Frehley inspired me to really pursue it 2 years later. Even so, he didn't make my top 4.

Throw these 4 into a blender and you'd have my perfect guitar style. Listed in no certain order.

SRV
Tommy Shaw
EVH
Gilmour

Honorable mentions would include Clapton, Eric Johnson, Jeff Healey, and of course Frehley.

Got to meet one of my guitar idols in Nashville a couple of years ago. Really down to earth, cool guy.

View attachment 105797

I was just listening to the newest Styx album in the car; they're still great!

Actually, my top 4 come to mind quite quickly-

Gilmour
Vai
EJ
Cantrell

After that I’d have an endless debate over who had more influence on me, but those 4 are without a doubt.

Back
Top Bottom