Who is making good patch bays now? Miss you, Hans!

Rick

Axe-Master
I am still using the connector panel Hans a VAFAM made for me years ago. RIP Hans, your work speaks for itself! Still going after many years and hundreds of gigs.

I wanted to do another that better matched my new Axe FX III, but didn't know who the go-to builder these days might be. IIRC, it was @ccroyalsenders that referred me to VAFAM many moons ago. Any recommendations, Coop? If anyone else has one that's battle tested and proven worthy for you, let me know!

I am still using the connector panel Hans a VAFAM made for me years ago. RIP Hans, your work speaks for itself! Still going after many years and hundreds of gigs.

I wanted to do another that better matched my new Axe FX III, but didn't know who the go-to builder these days might be. IIRC, it was @ccroyalsenders that referred me to VAFAM many moons ago. Any recommendations, Coop? If anyone else has one that's battle tested and proven worthy for you, let me know!
I don't have a recc currently. I'm modifying the beautiful one Hans made for me in 2012 to suit my III needs.

Yeah, I am sure Hans would probably say "change it, man!" Good memories working with him on it, and the workmanship was top notch. I'll look into both routes. Thanks guys!

When I get my Axe Fx III, I'm going to just build my own with feed thru connectors...

I'd rather pay Hans, but alas that is no longer an option...

I got to have a nice conversation on the phone with him as we were diagnosing a problem I was having. That wasn't too long before his health took a wrong turn.

I used Redco custom panel builder and am very happy.

https://www.redco.com/Redco-Custom-Panel-Designer.html

I picked jacks that are "pass through" so I could use standard cables / no soldering.

Can’t go wrong with pass thru jacks, no soldering needed, just 2 screws, anyone can do it. No worries of cold or bad solder joints.

Best part of pass thru is you can swap stuff around as your needs change since it’s all essentially modular.

Back
Top Bottom