Who has sold 4x12 cabs after go fr/fr ?

I did not sell my tubes and cabs and do not intend to do so. There is no sensible reasoning supporting this. I am very happy so far with the axe and the FRFR equipment but like to have the option to get back from tome to time to the "real" thing. I however doubt that this would go as far as carrying the old heavy real rig to a gig ... It is more an emotional feeling than a consequence of any axe fx/frfr shortcomings would imply. I am very happy with my new rig. I never had a tone as good as the one I have now with the axe IMAO.

I have an Engl 840/50 power amp and a Hughes & Kettner Statesman 4x12 loaded with Celestion V30's. I play mainly classic rock / hard rock and I really love the sound of my Axe Fx going through that setup.

Today I used a RCF ART 312A for the first time and A-B'd it with the Engl and H&K. And I dont't know yet if I'm going to be very happy with playing FRFR. It wasn't bad, but there's a lot more bass and treble in the FRFR sound. Maybe I have to tweak more or get used to it more, but I'm a bit sceptical about it. I liked the Marshall JCM800 sims through FRFR, but I didn't like the more high gain amp sims. So I'm definitly not going to sell my 4x12 cab yet :)

Never owned a 4x12, but I do have an awesome THD 2x12 w greenbacks that I'll keep for as long as I'm playing guitar. Currently I only use it about once a year... :)

still nothing quite like a 4x12, imho 2 cents. they are perfectly transportable, not heavy to move - and still rock. :D

Back
Top Bottom