Who digs the Friedman models?

I haven't gotten along with most of the Friedman models I've tried. They sound great when other people play them. I do like the Dirty Shirley models.
I kind of feel the same way! haha I hear other people play them and I'm like "that sounds amazing! How are you dialing that in??". Fast Forward to me trying it, and it sounds nothing like it hahahah I know; different guitars, different players etc. :)

Pretty much spot on here. I used them a lot more when I first got the III, but now I find them quite dark. I remember liking one of them after resetting the amp in beta firmware 27. However, I use the Friedman dynacabs on almost every preset. I mix a Friedman GB with a Friedman V30. 60% of the time, it works every time.

The Splawns are a bit tricky to dial in as they're either overly compressed and bass heavy (Nitro), or just have some odd pot values that make them unintuitive to use (Quickrod). I find the Cameron's to be a good middle ground. Bogner's can be a bit tricky to dial in as well, but I always seem to remember that the amp works well with extreme settings.
That's interesting! I was playing the Nitro (with Justin York's gift of tone; perhaps it's the IR), and the Nitro sounded (to me) fantastic! However, I went to the Quick Rod to see what that sounded like, and I found it to be bassier. Dialing back the low end to like 3 and compensating with other controls like treble and mid evened things out, but yeah, in comparison, the Friedman's at default sound very muffled and stiff to me.

If you get a chance, try a Friedman with the Master Volume around 8 and see if that sparks anything for you. Tonight I was playing with the Smallbox close to dimed on the MV and it was destroying my life with how awesome it was. YMMV

Back
Top Bottom