Which single amp channel to do it all?

I usually plug in to a single model, leave the Fractal alone, and muss around with my four guitar knobs + 2 push/pulls to get a variety of sounds from clean to hard rock. Occasionally I muss around with the basic amp model knobs, which I keep up on the screen, but mostly not.

Most of the time that's with the Plexi 6CA7 JUMPED, sometimes with the 6CA7 NORMAL.

For leaving a single model alone and mussing around with guitar controls for different sounds, what are folks' favorite models and what should I be checking out?
From the responses it looks like you need to build a preset with two amp blocks (8 amps); two cab blocks, 2 reverb blocks (8 reverbs) and have a day of experimental bliss…bet you can’t pick just one😉

From the responses it looks like you need to build a preset with two amp blocks (8 amps); two cab blocks, 2 reverb blocks (8 reverbs) and have a day of experimental bliss…bet you can’t pick just one😉
Hah, exactly my thought. On the one hand I think it's really cool that everyone is picking out different amps. On the other hand, it's overwhelming and I don't know where to start!

Maybe I'll do a follow up from this with a poll.

I don't use it that way, but the 5150 cleans up very nicely. So for some heavier tones which are also supposed to go clean, it's a very good amp.

old school but the 2204 and an 808. guitar volume for cleanup. recently added a foot controller on the tilt eq amp input eq that rocks the curve back and forth for more tonal variety.

old school but the 2204 and an 808. guitar volume for cleanup. recently added a foot controller on the tilt eq amp input eq that rocks the curve back and forth for more tonal variety.
808's and heartbreak?

I think the pedal to swoop multiple knobs at the same time is kind of the best way to do it

808's and heartbreak?

I think the pedal to swoop multiple knobs at the same time is kind of the best way to do it
Took me a second to realize what you meant.

You mean for his use case it would make more sense to be using a drive with more EQ knobs than the Maxon or Ibanez with a single tone knob.

Effective Vulcan logic.

Took me a second to realize what you meant.

You mean for his use case it would make more sense to be using a drive with more EQ knobs than the Maxon or Ibanez with a single tone knob.

Effective Vulcan logic.
Sorry, what I meant was using an expression pedal as a controller (i.e. Roland EV-5), and linking that in the Fractal to multiple amp parameters simultaneously.

That way, for example, you could adjust the amp gain and EQ knobs simultaneously through a defined range by moving just the expression pedal.

Sorry, what I meant was using an expression pedal as a controller (i.e. Roland EV-5), and linking that in the Fractal to multiple amp parameters simultaneously.

That way, for example, you could adjust the amp gain and EQ knobs simultaneously through a defined range by moving just the expression pedal.
Gotcha. I do not mess with these things very much myself.

This has been a good thread. I’ve added the Badger and the ODS HRM to my lineup. They are both up my alley. The Badger has a nice fatness to it. For my neck pickup channel I have the bass all the way down. Still tubby but in a pleasant way.

The Badgers have power scaling. I played one before and it sounded good. I’m guessing there’s no point in modeling power scaling since we can blast the amp as hard as we want without blowing down walls.

Back
Top Bottom