Which model should I buy for recording?

tommyq94

Hi everyone,

I am looking to record the best possible clean tones into my Audio interface and into Logic.

I have tried countless Software Amp simulators but none of them have really come close to a real organic sound.

Which Fractal device should I buy if i only want it for recording and nothing else?

My other option would be to buy a Fender Tonemaster Amp and record the Line Out of that with a Captor X for added IRs.

Any help would be really appreciated.

Thanks

If the budget allows, Axe-Fx III all the way......it's the most powerful one.
Absolutely - the III will cover what you need for recording. You wouldn't feel short-changed with the FM3 or FM9, either.

Other than the gear itself, some of the advantages of Fractal Audio is outstanding support and VERY frequent and FREE updates. Also, this forum is full of active Fractal users willing to share their knowledge and experience. Plus, there are lots of free presets on Axe-Change.

I've been using Fractal products since their very first was released and continue to be impressed by their products and how they do business.

Check out the comparison chart and decide what you actually need, which most likely will be the FM3, but if money is no problem go big.

Thanks for the replies guys!

Honestly all im looking for is the best Fender style clean tone I can possibly get, and I think im right in saying Fractal Audio is the best in the business for modellers etc?

I was thinking the FM3 would be fine for me if all I want to do is record a clean authentic tone?

Is there a big difference between the sound of the amps in FM3 vs Axe-Fx?

Do you think the clean tones the Fractal Audio has to offer would be more authentic than using a Fender Amp Direct?

Im a bit new to all of this and appreciate any guidance.

Thanks for the replies guys!

Honestly all im looking for is the best Fender style clean tone I can possibly get, and I think im right in saying Fractal Audio is the best in the business for modellers etc?

I was thinking the FM3 would be fine for me if all I want to do is record a clean authentic tone?

Is there a big difference between the sound of the amps in FM3 vs Axe-Fx?

Do you think the clean tones the Fractal Audio has to offer would be more authentic than using a Fender Amp Direct?

Im a bit new to all of this and appreciate any guidance.

"more authentic" is really subjective.

For me, even if I only wanted Fender tones, I'd go with Fractal. You get all those tones, plus a LOT more. You'd have the option of using it in lots of ways with different instruments as well as vocals.

"more authentic" is really subjective.

For me, even if I only wanted Fender tones, I'd go with Fractal. You get all those tones, plus a LOT more. You'd have the option of using it in lots of ways with different instruments as well as vocals.
Also, the FM3 is very portable - handy for using throughout the home or when traveling.

There are (checks...) 27 different Fender amps included, many with multiple channel variations... so I'd say you'll have lots of options for getting that tone you want. Your definition of "organic sound" is of course different from everyone else's, but you have 14 days (I think) to check it out.

Back
Top Bottom