Which internal LED's are supposed to be lit on the PCB ??

lqdsnddist

Axe-Master
Having had an issue with a noisy fan resulting from where the rubber isolation grommets were way over-tightened I had the top lid off my III. Easy enough issue to resolve myself (or FAS stated you can get an RMA if your one of the few individuals who may have this issue, I certainly don't think its very wide spread) and now my fan is nice and quiet.

I did notice that when the unit is powered up that there are a few active status LED's on the circuit board.

In the upper left hand corner there are three red LED's, and then on the riser board with the DSP there is a row of three red LED's which flash in sequence left to right.

Just wondering if they are all supposed to be active, or if they indicate any sort of fault. I'm guessing the upper left hand corner ones indicate the board is getting power.

Just curious

Today I looked again and I notice that the three LED's on the top left corner of the main board are now NOT lit up, and only 2 out of the 3 LED's (left and middle) are lit up, the far right one isn't.

Haven't changed any settings, everything is hooked up exactly the same, sounds the same etc, but just different lights now....

Figured out what the lights on the upper left do and it’s related to usb being connected. When my computer was off they didn’t light up, with the pc powered up and usb connected they turn on. Not sure if that is how it’s supposed to work, but it’s how mine is working lol

No idea on the red lights on the dsp board though.

Back
Top Bottom