2) Line 6 Relay Wireless
3) Furman Power Conditioner
4) Rig/ Routing Panel
5) 1U Rack Drawer

Axe-FXII-Rack_zpsc81441e7.jpg

Last edited:
Slightly different order here. :)

IMG_0230.jpg

On rear rack rails, I have mounted two short 1U trays carrying a Rolls mic preamp to process the talkbox mic into the IN 2 FX loop return, a Radial ProDI2 for the PA signal (fed from OUT1 unbalanced outs) and 12V+15V for the Rolls mic preamp and a Radial SGI-TX I plan to use for the FX loop send (OUT 2) towards the Banshee talkbox.

Nice & shiny, rear door can stay closed. ~30kg in weight though. :-(

Don't have a pic, maybe will remember to take one when I get home from work. Mine goes top to bottom:

1) Furman
2) Vented panel (just to fill the space)
3) Matrix GT800FX
4) Axe-FX (only an Ultra :()
5) Interface panel

Basically, power at the top just to keep it away from the audio bits (not that I've had any problems with it before), vented panel just coz I had space, Matrix above the Axe coz the Matrix is quite short at the back so I figured things would breathe better, interface panel at the bottom (or more specifically, below the Axe) so I wouldn't have cables hanging down across the Axe's front panel when everything was plugged in. In the back, all the audio cables go up one side of the rack, power cables go up the other side.

Top Rack Case:
ART PS4x4 Pro Line Conditioner
Lectrosonics IS400 Wireless
Fractal Audio AxeFX II

Bottom Rack Case:
Rolls RPQ160b Para EQ
Korg Tuner
Crown Audio I-T5000 HD Amp

IMG_0057.jpg

Last edited:
Furman at the top if you have lights... so the lights can be used, at the bottom they are worthless. they come in handy on a dark stage.

Love the rack. Is it a shockmount?

No, but reasonably "heavy duty" - and heavy. Overall 30kg. Some PSUs and
Radial ProD2 DI Box mounted from the back on a low-depth rack shelf:

Shure - URT Rackwanne zur Rackmontage von 2 x PG4E : Zubehör

Can I ask where you got it?

Gäng-Case - 19" Prof. DD schwarz 6HE 9,5mmHolz,45cm : Taschen / Cases / Racks

Be aware that the vendor doesn't add enough nuts+screws to even just populate more than 4U from the front
(only 16 nuts+screws included), so be prepared to order some extra:

Adam Hall 5666 Mutter 6-kant
Adam Hall 5417BLK Rack Screw Pack
Adam Hall 5621 Plain Nylon

Best regards,
dabbler

Cool. My Axe-FX comes in tomorrow, August 14th!:mrgreen I have a 6 space rack coming, and a Furman Power Conditioner. I like those interface panels. What exactly is the benefit? It looks like you route everything through there and then just have to plug into the panel? Mine will be used at home, but I like things to look neat.

Also, I didn't know Line 6 made a wireless rack device. Are they any good?

I like those interface panels. What exactly is the benefit? It looks like you route everything through there and then just have to plug into the panel?
Exactly - it's to save having to grope around in the rack to connect stuff.

Also, I didn't know Line 6 made a wireless rack device. Are they any good?
You will get mixed response to this question. I have a Line6 G90 (that's the rack one) which I use all the time without any issues. Not sure I'd bother for just home/studio use.

Exactly - it's to save having to grope around in the rack to connect stuff.

Also saves wear 'n' tear on the sockets, coz you just plug 'em all into the stuff coming off the back of your panel and it stays there. All the plugging in and out is done via the panel.

That said, I mostly did mine just to make it easier to set up and tear down. Not everything is on there, just the stuff I need, including Speakon connections for the poweramp. I basically take the lids off, take one power cable from the back for the Furman, and then everything else happens out front of the rack. All my cables live in the pedal board case, so set up is a piece of cake.

Back
Top Bottom