Which expression pedal for closest feel of Ernie Ball VP Jr?

JSXtremist

Inspired
I would like to find an expression pedal that closely matches the feel of the Ernie Ball VP Jr. Would you all recommend a Fractal EV-1, EV-2, one of the Mission pedals, or something else? Please note, I did not like the feel of the Boss FV-300L or FV-500L pedals.

Last edited:
If you've got the tools, you can replace the pot in the Ernie Ball with a linear taper one and have the same feel. I have two on my board right now and love them. I used this pot in mine:

https://www.mouser.com/productdetail/785-380c120k

You'll have to trim the shaft to length and enlarge the mounting hole a bit to fit the new pot threads, but it's aluminum and easy to drill. I also replaced the two TS jacks with a single TRS jack.

Mission pedals are based on Crybaby enclosures, so those will have a much shorter throw and different feel. I've not tried the Fractal pedals myself, but many here love them.

I just ordered 4 of the Fractal EV-1 pedals at $500 shipped. Really hope they are as smooth as an Ernie Ball.

Which other expression pedals have you tried?

Ernie Ball Jr
BOSS FV-500
Spring loaded Mission

Ended up getting two EV-1s for my MFC
And two more for the AX8 later on.

With the exception of the Mission, the Boss, Ernie Ball, and EV-1 are pretty smooth.

Back
Top Bottom