Which do you prefer? : Running the Axe-Fx thru a Wedge Or Power Amp and Cab?

Been thinking of getting two Atomic CLR passive cabs to run with my Matrix 1000 (which is currently powering a 4x12 guitar cab). Any word on how the CLR wedges compare to the CLR cabs? Do you lose much if you choose wedges? I'm thinking that in my tight jam room, wedges would be better for me, but harder for my bandmates to hear.

Identical except for the form factor according to Atomicamps. If you want the wedge to act like a cab, turn it on its end and set the switches correctly for that position. It's meant to be used that way as well. Maybe the only reason to get a cab is for the surface area on top...

I've been researching various FRFR options for about a year now, and a lot of great things have happened in the last year! A lot of companies have realized the advantages of going coaxial with their drivers. Matrix and Atomic have come out with some great stuff.

There have been some great reviews on the Atomic CLR products. For right at $1000, you can get a wedge or small cab with a 12" driver and horn mounted directly in front of the 12", plus an onboard 500 watt amplifier (bi-amped, especially designed for these drivers). I just jumped on the bandwagon and got on the waiting list for 2 powered wedges. I can't wait!

Thank you everyone for sharing your thoughts and experiences with me. It has been very helpful and insightful.

I am heavily leaning towards purchasing an active wedge. I have my eyes on the Matrix,Mackie, and Atomic CLR cabs.

Anyone know why atomic is no longer on the Fractal website? I remember awhile back they used to sell atomic products on there.

Back
Top Bottom