Which amp in the AX8 is closest to the Fender Blues Deluxe?

richb

Inspired
A friend of mine lent me his reissue and I'd like to try and match it. ( by ear). Any suggestions? Thanks

Here is file that was a created by a forum member (MDProd) that lists graphically all the amps in the Fractal Family of products, including the AX8 with images, history, tone description, etc...and you can try to determine that yourself. I know that even within the Fender family the FBD was originally a lower end tube amp to get people into the brand, as a result tonally it is very different from the traditional Fender amps, its a 6L6 power section and was marketed for its clean tone - I really don't have vast amp knowledge to suggest a similar non Fender amp but this document should do the trick (too large to directly attach) if the link doesn't work PM me and I'll email it to you. https://www.dropbox.com/s/phmzjg2wfe6w70s/FAS_Amps Models Gallery Qu 2.00.pdf?dl=0

Here is file that was a created by a forum member (MDProd) that lists graphically all the amps in the Fractal Family of products, including the AX8 with images, history, tone description, etc...and you can try to determine that yourself. I know that even within the Fender family the FBD was originally a lower end tube amp to get people into the brand, as a result tonally it is very different from the traditional Fender amps, its a 6L6 power section and was marketed for its clean tone - I really don't have vast amp knowledge to suggest a similar non Fender amp but this document should do the trick (too large to directly attach) if the link doesn't work PM me and I'll email it to you. https://www.dropbox.com/s/phmzjg2wfe6w70s/FAS_Amps Models Gallery Qu 2.00.pdf?dl=0
Thanks!

Try the blues jr and change power tubes to 6L6, it should be pretty similar as is (ecept for not having the drive channel)
Thanks. I don't care for the drive channel, anyway. I find the clean channel is pretty nice on this amp. I have an opportunity to buy it, and have never owned a tube amp before, so I am considering it.

Thanks. I don't care for the drive channel, anyway. I find the clean channel is pretty nice on this amp. I have an opportunity to buy it, and have never owned a tube amp before, so I am considering it.
Yes.. I'm actually on the same boat with the blues junior, I heard it a few weeks ago from a band that came to play in my town and fell in love with that little amp. After 3 years of being fractalized and ampless, for the first time I'm seriously evaluating to buy an amp. Even though the ax8 simulation is really close, it's difficult to obtain that 3D "amp-in-the-room" sensation.

Yes.. I'm actually on the same boat with the blues junior, I heard it a few weeks ago from a band that came to play in my town and fell in love with that little amp. After 3 years of being fractalized and ampless, for the first time I'm seriously evaluating to buy an amp. Even though the ax8 simulation is really close, it's difficult to obtain that 3D "amp-in-the-room" sensation.
I've used FAS exclusively since they hit the market. I was on the original wait list for the Ultra and I have no regrets. It's the best gear I've ever owned. But I also love a variety of gear. This amp has some sentimental value as it belongs to a friend who is considerably older than me, and he wasn't much of the musician, but he loves music. He is at a place in his life where he is unloading his gear, and I thought the amp would be a nice keepsake.

I just love my Fractal gear and it is my main “rig”, but, sometimes I think it is quite inspiring just to go “old school” like “guitar > cable > combo tube amp”... no fx, nothing...

For me, art needs to breathe, and sometimes just breaking out of a “studio in a box” with infinite possibilities to something that does just one thing is awesome! And also makes me think about a lot of new stuff when I go back to my AX8!

So, if it is sentimental to you and your friend, and he needs the financial help right now, I think if was me I would just buy his amp and keep it for a while... :)

Back
Top Bottom