Which 2-Button External ("Stand-In") Switch Do You Recommend?

vika12

Experienced
What recommendations do you have for a simple 2-button stand-in switch? I'm looking for a small device to take to gigs with the FM3. Thanks!

What recommendations do you have for a simple 2-button stand-in switch? I'm looking for a small device to take to gigs with the FM3. Thanks!
You can't buy a "stand-in switch"... It's a logical part of the firmware settings.

You're asking about "external switches", which can be attached and assigned to function as stand-in switches.

You can't buy a "stand-in switch"... It's a logical part of the firmware settings.

You're asking about "external switches", which can be attached and assigned to function as stand-in switches.
Yes, I'm asking about external switches that can stand in for FM3 switches. Do you have a recommendation?

This ↑.

External Switch = Hardware
Stand-In Switch = One possible software function for an external switch.

Whichever you choose, momentary switches are more flexible than latching switches.

I've amended the title of this thread to correct the terminology. Do you have a recommendation?

I just bought this one and it works exactly as expected. Nice that it's not expensive and is, much to my surprise, a very solid, high-quality device.

I can't post links here (too new) so search Amazon for "HOTONE Dual Footswitch Pedal Momentary 2-Way Pedal Switcher Foot Controller Ampero Switch 1/4-Inch"

Mosky dual switch price and value is fair
Mosky website
+1 on Mosky. Can't go wrong for the price. I put a lot of my switches under the board in my rig, but still have a Mosky in the back row, where the height off the board helps....
0102221019.jpg

Thanks for all the suggestions -- one thing I should have mentioned is that I don't have my FM3 mounted on a board -- I place the FM3 and an EV2 directly on stage. I see that the little switches you've all mentioned have a small footprint -- are they stable enough to sit on stage and be pressed without rocking over? Thanks!

Thanks for all the suggestions -- one thing I should have mentioned is that I don't have my FM3 mounted on a board -- I place the FM3 and an EV2 directly on stage. I see that the little switches you've all mentioned have a small footprint -- are they stable enough to sit on stage and be pressed without rocking over? Thanks!

That HOTONE one I recommended is heavier than it looks and is very stabile sitting on the wood flooring in my music room (that Moskey looks identical in this regard).

Mine (Mosky) is on a homemade plywood board with everything else, but I pulled it off to give it a quick test. On a hard tile floor it was fine, no danger of tipping although I could definitely see it sliding around marginally. On my own carpet, it was not very stable. No doubt stability will vary depending on the carpet style, but If that was my scenario for use, I would attach it to a piece of plywood or something for a bit bigger footprint. My experience for what it is worth...

Back
Top Bottom