Where to put effects pre-post amp?

Terref69

With all the options of effects is there somewhere we can go to find out what works best for effects and where to put them . an example should drive be before and or after amp is there somewhere that explains all of that. I've had this unit for a month and I have never been so happy with a unit like this in my life

There are no rules, you can place things anywhere you want and it’s not going to break anything

As alway “use your ears”

If you like the sound of a drive pedal post amp, awesome. Kind of hard to plug most pedals into the output of an amp, at least without lots of extra gear, loop etc

Have fun, experiment, come up with cool new sounds.

“Rules” will say a Wah pedal goes early in the chain, but guy like Tom Morrello said “what if I put it in the Fx loop?”

A lot of people seem to think he had some pretty sweet and unique sounds on those Rage records

There are no rules, you can place things anywhere you want and it’s not going to break anything
Hands down my favorite thing about owning Fractal gear is I can try CRAZY routing and placement options that are otherwise impossible in the real world (or prohibitively expensive to try).

Follow your ears @Terref69! Don't be afraid to place things...any where...and hear what they sound like! You literally can't break it.

Back
Top Bottom