Where is the Quad Cortex???

I agree with you to a point, which is why I stated in the OP that I wasn't out be a hater. However, it's not practical to expect no mention of competitors' products. I'm sure that Fractal comes up on other message boards. I think honest discussion is valuable.
The 'others do it too' argument always amuses me. Honest discussion is valuable, that's one of the reasons some forums thrive. This is the Fractal Audio Systems forum so it stands to reason there would be an expectation that only FAS related topics would be discussed.

While this is 'The Lounge', it seems the intent of this section was to discuss things other than gear.

so it stands to reason there would be an expectation that only FAS related topics would be discussed.

While this is 'The Lounge', it seems the intent of this section was to discuss things other than gear.
Really? You just contradicted yourself. The Lounge is listed as being "off topic". That always amuses me when people contradict themselves.

Never buy the first model year of anything...

...unless, of course, it has this logo on it:

iu

Especially when there's hype afoot. It's like with movie trailers. If the trailer is too long, avoid. If the trailer is more about the soundtrack then the title, avoid. If the trailer says "If you loved <>, you're going to love <__>".

Are you using it mostly for capture/profile? Do you feel the effects are on par with Fractal, b/c that's not at all what I'm getting (especially refer to Rhett Shull and Leon Todd's reviews)? I understand the UI is probably better; I'm more interested in quality of effects.

I have tried the factory captures and the regular models, also some of the cloud captures. I will be doing my own soon but time has been very scarce as of late. I don't find the effects a huge deal in difference. I had the option to return the unit and I have trying to be focus more on sticking with the gear I have and playing but I was pleasantly surprised.

I gas for gear a lot possibly to avoid much needed practice. The QC is another shiney object that's luring me. I decided some time ago though, that I'll only buy gear that improves my rig or adds the possibility of a new sonic dimension - at this point I don't see/hear difinitive proof that QC offers me anything in this regard - so next stop on my gear route is still Telecaster Street.

Last edited:
I gas for gear a lot possibly to avoid much needed practice. The QC is another shiney object that's luring me. I decided some tome ago though, that I'll only buy gear that improves my rig or adds the possibility of a new sonic dimension - at this point I don't see/hear difinitive proof that QC offers me anything in this regard - so next stop on my gear route is still Telecaster Street.
Hey, we all get the GAS sometimes...squirrel!!! I opened this thread in all sincerity b/c not long after I bought my FM3 (at this point I was totally new to Fractal) I became aware of the QC and I was second guessing myself like crazy. Now I'm in a good place though. I'm honestly just curious of what's up with QC and if it will ever fully develop.

I'm honestly just curious of what's up with QC and if it will ever fully develop.
They seem to be backing Kemper into a corner - if I was into profiling I'd definitely be swapping the toaster - not sure if Kemper's got a defense play.

Last edited:
I have no amps or pedals to profile or capture. In addition, my understanding is that a capture is like a snapshot of the amp or pedal with very little tweaking options afterwards. My comments are facts, not slams.

Never buy the first model year of anything...

...unless, of course, it has this logo on it:

iu

Especially when there's hype afoot. It's like with movie trailers. If the trailer is too long, avoid. If the trailer is more about the soundtrack then the title, avoid. If the trailer says "If you loved <>, you're going to love <__>".
Not even with that logo on it. The Ultra was better then the Standard. The II XL+ was better then the II mk.1. The ultimate version of the III will be better then the first model too. Not by that much of course, but it will still be better. And probably cheaper too. Let the early adopters go all crazy over the first model, I'll get the ultimate version when its cheaper.

I have no amps or pedals to profile or capture. In addition, my understanding is that a capture is like a snapshot of the amp or pedal with very little tweaking options afterwards. My comments are facts, not slams.
This argument always cracks me up especially where you see huge touring acts with stickers on the amp settings.... how many people go crazy tweaking their amps? And it’s not like the eq on these units destroy the sound

Not even with that logo on it. The Ultra was better then the Standard. The II XL+ was better then the II mk.1. The ultimate version of the III will be better then the first model too. Not by that much of course, but it will still be better. And probably cheaper too. Let the early adopters go all crazy over the first model, I'll get the ultimate version when its cheaper.
Speak for yourself I still use the ultra 😂 I like it more than the ii but I love the iii

This argument always cracks me up especially where you see huge touring acts with stickers on the amp settings.... how many people go crazy tweaking their amps? And it’s not like the eq on these units destroy the sound

Speak for yourself I still use the ultra 😂 I like it more than the ii but I love the iii
You're missing my point. I use different settings for different guitars, etc. Even if I had amps to capture, I would not be interested in spending hours making various captures to get the sounds I'm looking for. I'm sure capture is a cool feature, but it's not one that I personally need or care about.

Last edited:
You're missing my point. I use different settings for different guitars, etc. Even if I had amps to capture, I would not be interested in spending hours making various captures to get the sounds I'm looking for. I'm sure capture is a cool feature, but it's not one that I personally need or care about.
+1 - not knocking profiling as it's a pretty cool feature for those with access to desired gear not modelled anywhere, but, for me (mostly modeller based), I don't see a use case for going thru the process of profiling gear settings with limited post tweakability when I have tweeakable / moddable full function virtual replicas I can save to presets or add modifiers to for real time adjustments.

Do I want to check one out, yea eventually hell I like to check out gear like anyone else. I will wait till there really available though and have had some more updates.

It also seems like Kiko is using them for the new Megadeth Tour, and if im not mistaken Arron Marshall is also using it for Intervals tour as well.

Screen-Shot-2021-08-18-at-3-47-17-PM.png

Do I want to check one out, yea eventually hell I like to check out gear like anyone else. I will wait till there really available though and have had some more updates.

It also seems like Kiko is using them for the new Megadeth Tour, and if im not mistaken Arron Marshall is also using it for Intervals tour as well.

Screen-Shot-2021-08-18-at-3-47-17-PM.png
Actual live shots or it's all just marketing. Plini, Intervals, a lot of people in that world are/were the core of the NeuralDSP QC hype train that was present before whole lockdown and every tour was cancelled.

Their endorsement money was likely highly dependent upon their using it for tours that were ultimately cancelled.

Now that the unit has been out for a while, let's see who plays what now that hype has come and gone and actual units are in the field and all over YouTube from un-endorsed players who are lending their unvarnished opinions to the world.

NeuralDSP can't control the rhetoric anymore so we'll see who actually plays what in the field as a result of endorsement deals, which are probably null and void by now.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom