Where does he hide the Axe?

That's about the most homogenous audience I have seen. Wonder what percent are guitar players?

Anyone else not digging Joe's guitar tone, as much as before he started using the Axe? To me, his tone sounds more stiff and less open. That's the best words I can use to describe it. Maybe it's not the Axe, but his tone doesn't sound as good as it used to live. And, I've been seeing Joe perform live since his G3 tour with Vai and Petrucci. Even if the Axe is the culprit, it doesn't diminish my love and use for mine.

Anyone else not digging Joe's guitar tone, as much as before he started using the Axe? To me, his tone sounds more stiff and less open. That's the best words I can use to describe it.
Placebo maybe? The Axe-Fx doesn't supply the guitar tone -- it's used for effects.

Sounded pretty awesome when I saw them at The Fox earlier this year.

Placebo maybe? The Axe-Fx doesn't supply the guitar tone -- it's used for effects.

Sounded pretty awesome when I saw them at The Fox earlier this year.
It could be. But, something does sound different. As you know, Joe likes to change up gear from time to time. Maybe it's a new pickup, mic, speakers, ect. Who knows. He still sounds great, though. Just different. I guess I just liked his "older" tone. ;)

I had a Joe Satch signature Head and 4x12 used with Fx8 for several gigs. My Ax8 (not trying to replicate his amp or the tones I used with it) has much better overall tonal capabilities. Richer gain ,smoother JCM 800 -yes the Ax8 does the real thing better, don't tell Joe tho!

Much of that is likely due to my killer IR's and the flexibility both is using frfr and the tone sculpting in the Ax!

Back
Top Bottom