Where can I download firmware 2.0 ?

sheky

Experienced
Have the Axe II for a week. Was surprised at how good the presets sounded on my strat. Overdriven/distorted tones were tight and crunchy. Not used to that coming from the Ultra.

Updated to 3.0 and now they seem a little harsh, fizzy and shrill.

Did I update the new bank A correctly? I think so. I was surprised not to see any Lonestar or Princeton presets on the new bank, thought maybe I blew it, but the procedure seemed pretty straightforward.

Checked my global Eq's and some other basic things, but no problems there.

Before this turns into a full blown "Help Blablabla" thread, I want to reinstall 2.0, reload the old preset Bank A (which I lost b/c I never backed it up) record some presets and reinstall 3.0 to compare. Maybe it's all in my head.

Where can I find the old firmware and bank A?

Thx

to be honest there's something I hear in the high end that's spikey on both firmwares. It almost seems like it's a separate tone of crunchy high end that isn't really part of the amp tone it's hard to describe. Sometimes I don't notice it and then all of a sudden I latch on to it and I can't stop hearing it lol. Let's face it, the AxeFx or any other device will never be all things to all people but it's pretty damn close. By the way I think firmware 3 is way better in general, things sound much more real. As for finding 2.0 I don't know where that lives in web-world

I don't think it's the firmware, I think it's the new bank A presets. I also noticed that some of the new presets sounded thin and had more high end in them, although they also sounded more open. After a quick compare with the old bank A I decided that I liked most of the old presets better so I restored the v2 bank A until I can do a proper compare to see what the actual differences in the presets are. I'd like to try to keep the openess but lose the thiness and high end. After restoring the old bank A 3.0 sounded AWESOME to me, maybe I'm just used to the sound of the v2 presets. Anyway, you can download the old bank A from Fractal's support page and it's also included in Axe-Edit.

I don't think it's the firmware, I think it's the new bank A presets. I also noticed that some of the new presets sounded thin and had more high end in them, although they also sounded more open. After a quick compare with the old bank A I decided that I liked most of the old presets better so I restored the v2 bank A until I can do a proper compare to see what the actual differences in the presets are. I'd like to try to keep the openess but lose the thiness and high end. After restoring the old bank A 3.0 sounded AWESOME to me, maybe I'm just used to the sound of the v2 presets. Anyway, you can download the old bank A from Fractal's support page and it's also included in Axe-Edit.
Thx for the response. I'd still like to A/B the firmware versions again. I don't think it's a case of getting too used to 2.0 b/c I just got this thing last week. I found the old bank.

But the old firmware is nowhere. Gone. Pffft.

Yeah, I got the bank, it's the old firmware I can't find.

Thx! I found that link too but I got a picture of a milk carton and a message "missing", but now it works!

If you're still looking for v.200.c ... pm me and I can send it to you. I still have it on my computer.

Back
Top Bottom