When you update firmware is they're a reset for all amps?

ONCE AGAIN we find many people uncertain about what to do when Firmware is updated. Can someone at FAS please create, or authorize someone, to do 'The Final Definitive Tutorial', a video, on this topic. I know 'yek' has posted info. but lets get beyond this. It really is the horse that gets beaten every time a new version comes out. The updates are spectacular but too many people are still confused about how to 'properly' enable them. Thanks guys.
it says in the release notes what to do. that's as definitive as it gets. then people like yek, myself and others say the same thing, and people don't want to believe us. not sure what else there is to do.

ONCE AGAIN we find many people uncertain about what to do when Firmware is updated. Can someone at FAS please create, or authorize someone, to do 'The Final Definitive Tutorial', a video, on this topic. I know 'yek' has posted info. but lets get beyond this. It really is the horse that gets beaten every time a new version comes out. The updates are spectacular but too many people are still confused about how to 'properly' enable them. Thanks guys.

You can always do that yourself if you think it will help.

This has gone on since the beginning.. people don't read the release notes, the manual, the wiki, previous threads, etc. They just ask the question. I see it as human nature. These types of questions are not hard to figure out on one's own. I used to have cheat sheet next to my Axe FX when I got started, that had the basics like soft-reset, how to set the Axe to update the MFC, etc. Until those repeated tasks wedged into my memory. This a serious pro piece of gear. It takes a bit more effort than a couple of Boss pedals (not that you or others don't know that). That said, there are plenty of owners who don't have the level of experience a pro might. Hell.. some of the pros I know can't begin to imagine using something like the Axe... after seeing my setup.

Ideally I could install Q8, double-tap some button and every parameter in AxeFX would default to factory setting. I gig using Fractal presets like I gig using Yamaha's keyboard presets. Though I tweak both to taste on the fly, occasionally I need to reset the keyboards to factory default in a hurry using its global reset options, any chance Fractal could provide this functionality?

Last edited:
wicked wiki 19 - item 4:
And when major changes to the modeling have been implemented, such as with firmware Quantum 7, deselecting-and-reselecting every amptype isadvisable, as noted in the release notes. It's a chore, but necessary to take advantage of improvements.

I've read this wiki before and wrt the above comment, I do not adjust the default presets included.
I make copies and adjust outside of these great presets to tweak to taste.

Yes or No...when q7 hit, I'm reading that in order to hear the provided presets in all their new buxom glory I need to perform the above operation?

Maybe a picture would paint a thousand words... the relativeness of settings vs defaults vs block defaults vs firmware implementation would maybe make this more clear.
If I understand correctly, firmware implementation changes, change just by installing the firmware. Defaults, the settings you might have changed, New defaults and so on does confuse me, and it seems that a simple indication on axe edit as to what the default value for each parameter for each type of block would work wonders in this area... I raised a wish on axe edit a long time ago about "axe edit respecting block defaults" (because it doesn't) which further confuses the issues. Aka- if I double click a parameter in axe edit to reset that specific parameter to the default for the block (and type of block e.g. Specific amp) then you would expect to get the default correct to the firmware that is installed. BTW you don't ! You get the default for the generic block not the specific block type... something really has to be done to fix this and updating in general.

Back
Top Bottom