When will the axe fx standard be back in stock?

Hey everyone, I'm new here. Long story short, I finally got enough money to buy an axe fx standard and they're not available anymore! Does anyone know when they'll be back in stock?
Thanks.

Not really. I'm seeing Ultras go for nearly $2k and standards for $1500.

If you really want one now, you might try eBay. You don't get the warranty, but honestly you don't need it.

Yeah I've checked ebay but they're actually more expensive there, and I'd rather buy straight from fractal so I get as much out of my Warranty as possible.

Well I'm not in too much of a hurry, but it would be nice to get one within the next week cause I gotta start recording my bands debut album very soon.

Thanks guys, but I'm not really interested in purchasing a used one, mostly because i want a warranty. I know nothing will probably go wrong with it, but I don't wanna get stuck with a faulty unit and not be able to exchange it.

Well, since there is Axe-FX II, I'm pretty sure there is never going to be any new Standard or Ultras. So it's the used market, or get in line for an Axe-FX II.

Isn't the warranty transferable? If you found one that was only a month or two old you'd be golden.

Warranty is not transferable from my understanding. It seems Cliff has fixed some units in the past that were not bought new.

Well, since there is Axe-FX II, I'm pretty sure there is never going to be any new Standard or Ultras. So it's the used market, or get in line for an Axe-FX II.

Are you sure? I was kinda worried that they stopped production of the the standards and ultras and that's why they're out of stock. I really hope it's not true though cause honestly the standard already has more than I need and I don't think I'll be able to afford the Axe-Fx II.

Ultras and Standards are discontinued. There are a few reamining in the system (thoses in stock at agents worldwide plus onelast shipment I believe) but then its AFX2 or used.

Warranty is transferable in the EU (and its 2 years) - dont know about the US.

Id still get a used one. the most that goes wrong is EPROM (though that was a bad batch asn most have been sorted) which is a user fix once parts sent out - and the Rotory encoder. Thats not going to be more than $100/$150 (its £100 in the EU - however G66 fixed mine free inc carriadge both ways despite it be 2 1/2 years old). Youll save enough on a used one at present given the firestrom selling.

You could even take all your money and get a used Ultra - or get a used Standard and put the savings away "just in case".

Are you sure? I was kinda worried that they stopped production of the the standards and ultras and that's why they're out of stock. I really hope it's not true though cause honestly the standard already has more than I need and I don't think I'll be able to afford the Axe-Fx II.

Yes I'm sure. It's only the Axe-FX II from now on.

I would be patient and keep trying. There has been no official word that they are permanently out of stock and Cliff probably realizes that there is still a big market for the standard since it's 700 bucks cheaper than the axe II.

Back
Top Bottom