When Pedal is not connected

When a pedal is not going to be connected (let say Pedal 2 for example). Blocks such as the Wah is going to default to 10 which will affect the sound. How do you default a value when the pedal will not be connected?

I assume that you are using 'Auto Engage' to turn on your Wah. And it is set to turn off when the heal is down (5% - default)
  1. Turn 'PC Reset' on in the Edit Modifier window. Re-save the preset. Then re-load the preset, and set the Control parameter to '0'. Set the Wah to 'off' in all scenes, if desired. Re-save the preset.
  2. Globally assign 'External Controller 2' to 'Pedal 2'. Set External Controller 2 'Initial State' to '0% (default).

I wish that all of the 'Pedal' controllers had the ability to set their individual 'Initial State'.
Totally. I'm tired of rocking my volume pedal everytime I turn on the FM9 to have it on mute before I go on stage. My FX8 didn't behave like that.

Totally. I'm tired of rocking my volume pedal everytime I turn on the FM9 to have it on mute before I go on stage. My FX8 didn't behave like that.
The current External Controller 'Initial State' parameter is only in play if there is no pedal connected/detected. If your pedal is connected to the port that is assigned to your volume block, it should load the preset at your pedal's current position. Unless 'PC Reset' is 'on' and is set to a specific starting value. If you are using a Global volume, then maybe it behave differently?

B.T.W. You could still use the External controllers by assigning the appropriate Pedal ports to them globally.

The current External Controller 'Initial State' parameter is only in play if there is no pedal connected/detected. If your pedal is connected to the port that is assigned to your volume block, it should load the preset at your pedal's current position. Unless 'PC Reset' is 'on' and is set to a specific starting value. If you are using a Global volume, then maybe it behave differently?

B.T.W. You could still use the External controllers by assigning the appropriate Pedal ports to them globally.
Yes, I'm using global volume, maybe that's the problem.

I have noticed this too with Global Volume to Pedal 1. I have to rock the pedal as the unit defaults to some level of On with the pedal connected. The FM3 does not work like this and reads the pedal position or somehow defaults to 0 default value even for the global pedal.

Yes, I'm using global volume, maybe that's the problem.
I am a control freak.. LOL.. I don't like very many 'global' controls. I want to decide what happens and how it happens for each Preset/Scene.

Back
Top Bottom