When I record to Cubase, the output mix is low volume.

RydEN

Hi.

I have this problem that when I play guitar, the sound is lower than other mixes on my pc.

Example:
I play guitar, with a song playing from Spotify on 100% volume, the volume on the Spotifysong is then much higher Volume. This also happens when I record guitars, render the mix from Cubase, and play the file in Windows Media PLayer, its waay much lower than the Spotify songs or other songs played in windows media player.

But if I change the output to a higher volume on the AxeFX2, the Clip starts to light(digital noise)

Are you going into your interface stereo or mono? Are you recording a stereo track on a mono track in Cubase?

Generally I record in mono in Cubase which is much lower in volume since you're only taking half of the signal. If you want it lower, either record in stereo (which I don't recommend) or setup two mono tracks and have one assigned to the left input and the other to the right.

As for your mixdowns being quieter in WMP than normal songs... Well simply put, recordings ARE quieter. You can use a mastering or compression tool to bring them up to the volume you're used to.

Hi.

I have this problem that when I play guitar, the sound is lower than other mixes on my pc.

Example:
I play guitar, with a song playing from Spotify on 100% volume, the volume on the Spotifysong is then much higher Volume. This also happens when I record guitars, render the mix from Cubase, and play the file in Windows Media PLayer, its waay much lower than the Spotify songs or other songs played in windows media player.

But if I change the output to a higher volume on the AxeFX2, the Clip starts to light(digital noise)

Back
Top Bottom