What's Your Favorite Songs From The 60's?

I highly recommend this doccumemtary of an outdoor show held
in Toronto in 1969. I'd seen various clips from this show before in other docs, but had no idea of the full story. Some great bits of early Alice Cooper, Chicago Transit Authority, John/Yoko Lennon with Eric Clapton, Doors, and the greats from the 50s. Some classic Canadian references like Chuck Berry paying his last minute assembled band by taking them across the street to Harvey's for lunch🤣. Narration is great from various players, and from some who were unknown at the time (Alice Cooper, articulate as always, and priceless commentary from Geddy Lee recounting his attendance at the show with John Rutsy in their teens both stoned out of their minds).

Sounds interesting, but it's not streamable anywhere, far as I can tell.

Amy pointers?

I just came across this thread and had totally forgotten about it. Really loving all these great tunes Awesome Thread
Yup. Some occasional memories accompanied by a boat load of blur. I'd share more, but sadly, it's what happens when our eyes get tired...:cry:

I have what I think is a fun Spencer Davis story. In the early 90's (could have been late 80's, I don't recall for sure), some close musician friends of mine were hired to be the Spencer Davis Group when he came to the area. I was kind of an unpaid roadie (just hangin' with my friends but always helped with loading gear and such) and the first day of playing with Mr. Davis, we sit down with him for lunch. He had ordered us some pizza. We sat around chatting with him about the old days and when the subject of marijuana came up he shared with us a story about Bob Marley. Apparently back in the day, both SDG and Bob Marley were on Island records. As a result, they would often be in the same studio's at similar times. He said the first time he hung with Marley, he watched that man smoke an ounce of weed before noon, and that it was like clockwork every day after! I can not even imagine inhaling that much smoke in a week much less in the morning hours, but from what he says, that is how Bob rolled!! Rest in peace to both of those legends ;~)) My friends did great as the SDG and he even tipped them when their run was over!

Back
Top Bottom