What's your favorite dual amp pairings?

For hard rock stuff lately I’ve been combining Friedman with a little Splawn behind it. I’ve always loved the BE and HBE models, since my Ultra days, and I actually own a SmallBox. But they are a tad polite at times, very refined. Splawn amps are much stiffer and raw, more JCM800 DNA in there. So I add maybe 20-25% Splawn behind HBE for my heavy rock sound and it’s been working well.

I use BE set to modest gain for a more traditional Marshall stack sound, and I dial in a bit of plexi (usually jumped 50W) behind it to give it a bit more vintage vibe.

I don’t know of anyone but me can tell the difference bu I feel the difference so it’s all good.

A nice trick to do is taking a highly distorted amp and adding parallel an almost clean or crunchy sounding amp to it but with a much lower output level. That´ll give your sounds much more transients, definition and clarity. Afterwards you can doubletrack with that setting.
I know of a studio player who doubletracks metal parts with a crunchy danelectro with lipsticks and that´ll give you a similiar effect.
Doesn´t work always but worth a try...

How can I create a really good stereo image?
Somehow it doesn't work well.
Would it be a blunt request for a preset?
A good stereo setup?
I appreciate any help!

-Enhancer block

-Pan the cabs hard left and right

-Stereo delays

Back
Top Bottom