Whats your favorite amps for clean/mid gain/high gain and fav IR's?

axl-fx

Inspired
Looking at building some presets and with so many amps/IRs to go through was wondering what some of the most popular ones are or the ones you like the most!

I'll play! I'm quite fond of the older Fenders like the Deluxe Tweed I demoed in this video. They have focus, dynamics, killer midrange and they love pedals. If you're running single coils you can pull stellar cleans and when you thump the guitar, the amp will give you some grind as well.

I like the Morgan AC 20 for clean
I use the Dzl and Recto red with a few tweaks on hi gain
IRs I dig the Zilla 212 cabs from ML

Lately I've been using the Cameron CCV 1A with the drive down and an SSD Drive as a boost for my "clean" tones and add an ACB Boost before that for leads and a Rat for dirty rhythms.

Same general formula with the Bludojai Clean except using the Micro Amp instead of SSD.

In both cases, I swap the FET Boost in place of the boost block for an alternate drive flavor.

The boost block bumps the Amp into that edge of breakup sound as well as acting as a pre-EQ.

I've really been digging the Tucana amp. One thing I found is that the amps that sound good in isolation don't always sound best in the mix for me. Obviously the EQ can be tweaked for that, but some amps just work great in the mix and others sound great when playing by yourself. The Komet Concorde is another I really like in the mix. I should mention I'm playing these with a Duesenberg guitar which is on the bright side already.

I'll play! I'm quite fond of the older Fenders like the Deluxe Tweed I demoed in this video. They have focus, dynamics, killer midrange and they love pedals. If you're running single coils you can pull stellar cleans and when you thump the guitar, the amp will give you some grind as well.

Those aren't my main kind of sounds... but, man, those tones were absolutely great, sounds totally like a vintage amp to me. Are you playing stock presets there? Would love to knock them around.:hearteyes:

My main two presets right now are in the heavier vein: Mark IIC+ for thrashy stuff and the Cameron Atomica with a drive for the 80s era heavy sounds.

Back
Top Bottom