What's YOUR cab block tend to look like :)

Totally forgot about the dephase! I adjusted to 1 and did some low and high cutting. I kinda like the result. Check out the attachment for the tone.

Attachments

• The Rhythm 3.syx
    6.3 KB · Views: 2
Tweeks for each situation but starting point is Stereo UltraRes panned full left and right, no delay or proximity; High Quality Transformer pre-amp with 2.0 Drive and Saturation, 2.0 dB boost in the Mid; 20% Room of Size 5.0 with 90% mic spread; 40/8000 low/hi roll-off; 1.0 de-phase.

Everything off. A proper IR does the job. :)
Would you recommend against using the high and low cut in the cab block itself? This is assuming no post production. Just straight out to a PA or similar. Right now I am using cab pack 13 and starting to try out 7. Thanks!

there's no "right way"...it's all just preference. guys that say "you don't need that" with the right IR just prefer their tone a certain way, doesn't mean it's the way for everybody. same with someone how does 20 things in the cab block....works for them, may not work for someone going for a totally different vibe.

In Cab block I'll cut somewhere between 80hz to 125z on lows, starting at 100...and then cut highs between 6kz to 10hz depending on amp...standard guitar speakers don't put out much frequency-wise over 6kz generally.

With that EQ approach, I look at this like a producer/arranging at a mixing board trying to make a guitar sit right with the other band instruments or how it would go on an album. It usually translates well to live.

Also now am going mono for live, any Cab IR pans at zero.

If am using a factory mic on an IR I will put proximity at about 2 and adjust to taste, but it usually is between 2 and 3.

Used to use the cab mics a lot, because you can get some very cool effects playing with that/room sounds, but the FAS reverbs are so good with ambience and small room option now that I don't touch the cab options for ambience much any more.

Have used the economy pre-amp just a little with drive at 1 and saturation at 1 or 2 on vintage, but honestly if I take it off it's hardly noticeable, so usually leave it off.

To save CPU processing I'll use stereo cabs blended (both pans at zero) rather than ultra res stereo setting.

Have fooled with the phase parameter but am finding if I get the right IR I don't need to touch it at all, the latest quantum firmware seems to work well with all the factory IRs.

Seems the general approach is to pan everything to 0, I see. Makes sense if you're recording in mono, I guess.

At least as far as the cab block goes...

most guys run mono 99% of the time anyway....even if you send stereo to FOH most places are running mono regardless.

Back
Top Bottom