What's the easiest way to add the same effect to every preset?

caseygree

is their one?

I'm auditioning a preset pack (Naked amps), and would like to add a looper and reverb to every preset.

As Chris said, but It’s not quick - I ended up putting a real wampler tumnus pedal before the AX8 rather than try to add a Klon block to all the presets.

As Chris said, but It’s not quick - I ended up putting a real wampler tumnus pedal before the AX8 rather than try to add a Klon block to all the presets.

Actually I find that it is pretty quick. Once you get the block tweaked and saved it is as you like, it is as easy as pie. If you had to tweak it every time it would get tedious. The Block Library has been a real timesaver for me.

@blaggers have you tried the @yek “Soul Food” block that he shared? It works really well for me. I no longer need to use a “real” K*** in front of the Axe.

Leon @2112 has a great tutorial on using the block library, (thank you Leon). I have taken the liberty of attaching it!

I'm not sure why anyone would think it's not quick to use, (maybe that's comparing it to the global block feature which is available on the AXII). It's something I need to make more use of but I have things like my volume pedal and solo boost saved in the block library, and you just add them in to the preset and your external controllers are all set up and ready to go. It's a great feature.

Block library method is fine, but the naked amps pack is 700 presets! Even at 30 secs per preset that’s 6 hours of tweaking to add fxloop and reverb to them all!

The block library isn't really needed for this. It's faster to just copy the block in one preset, paste & save in another, repeat. No need to copy the block more than once or access any block/library lists.

The block library isn't really needed for this. It's faster to just copy the block in one preset, paste & save in another, repeat. No need to copy the block more than once or access any block/library lists.
If he wants to add both Looper and reverb at the same time with particular settings, it may work faster as you can’t copy/paste more than 1 block at a time.

It would probably be much faster to add one block type to every preset, then the other block. Even adding both, you could save time with copy & paste for one.

I’d probably see which presets I really like then just add it to those.

Doubtful your really going to use all 700 presets right ?

It would probably be much faster to add one block type to every preset, then the other block. Even adding both, you could save time with copy & paste for one.
Not trying to be argumentative but when adding my personal effects to a base preset or 'template', I've found it much quicker using the Block Library to add all of the effects in one window rather than having to go back and forth between presets to copy and paste.

Everyone develops a preferred method that works for them, no one way is right or wrong. However, after using both methods weekly for the last 6 months, the Block Library is definitely more efficient and faster when adding more than one effect per preset.

Back
Top Bottom