Whats the best quality humbuster cables

Hey Guys, so starting to work with my ax8 was hoping to have it gig ready by wednesday but doesnt look that way... lots o hiss in the Mesa Mark V loop on the red channel and thinking i need humbusters... whats the best cable i can get...

was also thinking of getting the mogami 4 channel snake and building my own... any differences i should be aware of ? im guessing humbuster cabling is mic cabling anyway ?

thanks !

jD

im guessing humbuster cabling is mic cabling anyway ?

I made my own using Mogami instrument cable and following this diagram;

Humbuster.png

thanks Toopy did it make a huge difference ? can you tell me what cable and ends you used ?

thanks,

Joe

I'm not using it in my current setup, which is basically Axe-Fx along with a few pedals in a GCX switcher into my AC30. It's really quiet, so I didn't need the Humbuster.

I was mistaken in my first post. The Mogami cable I mentioned I had bought to make some patch cables.

I bought a mic. cable, ie. TRS cable (like you said) from the local guitar shop and replaced one of the ends with a Neutrik TS jack. I took a couple of pics of it for you. Let me know if you want any more pics.

Tony

IMG_0878.JPG IMG_0877.JPGupload_2016-11-19_15-52-14.jpeg

Last edited:
If you have a TRS cable, you can short the ring and sleeve connectors inside one of the plug barrels with a small jumper wire to make a humbuster cable. No need to replace the TRS plug with a TS plug. Just mark the modified plug with tape or paint and use that end on the non-Fractal gear side. It's also reversible if you remove the jumper. Reverts back to a regular TRS cable then.

The Humbuster output only works properly when the Ring and Sleeve are shorted on the amp end. A regular TRS to TRS will likely act similar to a TS to TS (Humbuster tech won't be active).

I as well want to run an amp and the AX8. At present have a Mark V. The plan is to run modelling and a tube amp simultaneously. I tried hooking up the Mark V to the AX8 via "out 2". There was unreal noise with AX8 and Mark V and thus not useable. The Mark V and AX8 are not noisy when used separately. Anyone have thoughts on how to solve this and perhaps why this is happening? Would the "humbuster cables" make that much difference? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Jamie

I as well want to run an amp and the AX8. At present have a Mark V. The plan is to run modelling and a tube amp simultaneously. I tried hooking up the Mark V to the AX8 via "out 2". There was unreal noise with AX8 and Mark V and thus not useable. The Mark V and AX8 are not noisy when used separately. Anyone have thoughts on how to solve this and perhaps why this is happening? Would the "humbuster cables" make that much difference? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Jamie

I assume you are going into the FX return on the amp? Have you tried setting the out 2 level to 12 db as per page 78 of the manual. Do that and put the level 2 volume knob full up and see if that reduces the noise. I used my Mesa Lonestar in 4 cable method and it worked fine without excessive noise.

Is there any reason why the amp end couldn't be a female connector, thus just making a short patch cable to connect with a long regular instrument cable?

Back
Top Bottom