whats the best expression pedals ?

mission engineering.
Pick your flavour:
switchless
switch to engage
switchless spring loaded.

I have all, can't recommend them enough. These guys are like tanks and the support was really good (my spring loaded was squeeky, one email, and problems were solved).

I'm using switchless for level, springloaded for wah (autoengage @0 ) and the switch version for random (ie. leslie, pitch, delay feedbacks, depends on the patch)

Mission Engineering is good. Watch my video, link below in my signature.
Definitely the mission EP1. Picked one up this past weekend and you can use it for any of the fx on your axe. Plus with it being spring loaded its great to be able to put the auto engage feature to good use.

I have one Mission SP-1 and two Boss FV-500Ls. I prefer the Boss. But it's only a preference. They both do the job well.

For wah, the Mission SP-1 works and feels just like a traditional wah pedal.

I agree. I don't like autoengage for the wah, as I like my wah to begin at the toe down position as a traditional Crybaby would.

While I currently use a SP-1 also for my second expression pedal, I am seriously considering going to a spring loaded SP-2 to gain flexibility, since for other efx I do use autoengage. By going with the SP-2 I'd have three expression pedals within two pedals, far more than I require.

I use two Mission EP-1s. One for wah (spring loaded) and one for other effects (non spring loaded)

Thanks for all the feedback. i have 2 fv 500 it just feels a little wired after using a cry baby for the last 30 yrs. Ive been using the spring loaded crybaby w/ no switch, i believe the way my wah is set up now you have to have the pedal in the heal position for it To be off so the spring loaded mission pedal would be cool.

I have a Boss FV500H which is not recommended but It seems to be working as one would expect from an expression pedal... I don't know what I'm missing out or if I may be causing any problem?

Still like the Dunlop DVP1 very much: "smooth but not loose" - they only need some modification (http://forum.fractalaudio.com/mfc-discussion/34208-dunlop-dvp1-modification.html).

After using a Bad Horsie for years, I suspected I would miss its spring and that the travel of the Dunlop would be too long for a wah. But to my surprise I did not miss the spring at all and I got accustomed quickly to the longer travel of the Dunlop - when I recently reactivated the Bad Horsie just to compare with the Axe Fx wah it actually felt a bit limited because of its shorter travel. But that is pretty subjective of course and YMMV ;-)

I'll be an outlier and say that I really like the Ernie Ball Jr. pedals. I found I had to tweak the curve on the AxeFX, but I really like the construction of these pedals, the fact that they can nest close enough to each other to operate two with one foot and the range of motion on the rocker.

I have a Boss FV500H which is not recommended but It seems to be working as one would expect from an expression pedal... I don't know what I'm missing out or if I may be causing any problem?

Um, it's been recommended several times in this very thread. ???

I'll be an outlier and say that I really like the Ernie Ball Jr. pedals. I found I had to tweak the curve on the AxeFX, but I really like the construction of these pedals, the fact that they can nest close enough to each other to operate two with one foot and the range of motion on the rocker.

Yes. That's why I like the Boss. It's very similar to the EB. I also have an Ernie Ball pedal. So I actually have four expression pedals: a Mission SP-1, two Boss FV-500Hs and an Ernie Ball volume pedal I can also use as an expression. As I said I prefer the Boss.

Back
Top Bottom