What's the best expression pedal for the axe?

Oneirokritikos said:
Which Boss FV500 pedal is right for the Axe, the L or H version?

I got the "L" version, although for the life of me I don't recall why. It works great, FWIW.

api4u said:
Oneirokritikos said:
Which Boss FV500 pedal is right for the Axe, the L or H version?

I got the "L" version, although for the life of me I don't recall why. It works great, FWIW.

All I can see is that the L is low impedance and stereo, for FX and keys, while the H is high impedance and mono ,for guitar and bass; but I don't know how it relates to the Axe; so both seem to work from what I gather?

aksman said:
axepilot said:
aksman said:
I use a heavily modded Rocktron Hex and it's pretty amazing. to make it work you just need to swap out the pot for something small (i use a 10k linear alpha).

Are you using this for wah?

Do you have the procedure for modding it?

My stock Hex doesn't react well with my FX when used as a wah.

If you open up the Hex, it just uses a regular alpha pot. I just ordered a replacement pot, but in 10k ohms and linear from Mouser.com. it's a drop-in replacement... just put the plastic pinion on it and install it in the old pot's place.
I'm trying to change the hex's pot for a linear one but can't figure out what's the easiest way to get the old pot out :? I see that there are two screws on the top under the moving pedal. I can't unscrew them because the pedal is in the way. Am I missing something obvious here? 90 deg angled screwdriver? :?

api4u said:
I wasn't successful getting the sweep to work appropriately with the Ernie Ball 6166, so I just use that for my analogue board's volume. I use the BOSS FV500 for volume with my Axe, and it is exactly what the doctor ordered; I haven't tried it, yet, as an "expression" pedal for wah, or rate adjustments, or anything like that, but I expect this pedal would work well for these tasks. It is very adjustable in the amount of overall coverage the sweep takes, so you you can be at half-volume at full heel down, or completely off, or anywhere in there you want to be. It has a tuner out, if you want to do that. It is also friendly with the digital sweep ranges of the Axe, where the Ernie Ball was analogue, and not as friendly.
Hmmm... I was looking at the EB6166 as a replacement for my Boss FV500H because the Boss won't work through my All Access pedalboard's remote jack (the AA won't 'read' the sweep correctly -- Something to do with the way the volume control is wired up to the output).

Now what do I do? :( :? :evil:

Q about the Mission pedals: Will the treadle stay in one place (like the Boss and the EB)?

At this point I don't know whether to sell the Boss and get a different MIDI controller, or vice versa, but I don't want to have to pack a 10m lead just for the expression pedal, so it needs to be fully compliant with the pedalboard.

The treadle on the Mission is designed to stay in place. There's also a tension adjuster that allows you to increase or decrease the resistance a little as you prefer and compensate for things such as hot or cold weather.

I'm still working on a spring loaded pedal that will return the treadle to heel down. Hope to have that option available soon. James.

lebihanj said:
The treadle on the Mission is designed to stay in place. There's also a tension adjuster that allows you to increase or decrease the resistance a little as you prefer and compensate for things such as hot or cold weather.

I'm still working on a spring loaded pedal that will return the treadle to heel down. Hope to have that option available soon. James.
Sounds great. And the pedal sweep reads properly through the All Access controller pedal jack?

We've validated with the Axe-Fx, Liquid Foot Pro and Jr, and Voodoo Labs GCPro. I don't have an All Access here right now but I believe several folks here are using Missions with the All Access with success. I would recommend getting the polarity switch option. James.

lebihanj said:
We've validated with the Axe-Fx, Liquid Foot Pro and Jr, and Voodoo Labs GCPro. I don't have an All Access here right now but I believe several folks here are using Missions with the All Access with success. I would recommend getting the polarity switch option. James.
Cool. :cool:

Back
Top Bottom