What's in Cliff's Axe-II Rig?

He doesn't actually play an AxeFx rig, he's a tube amp snob.
He just builds the AxeFx units and sells them so he has a good excuse to tell his wife about all the tube amps he buys for research'. It's amazing the things a true tube snob will go through to feed their addiction!

ahaha. nice one

a one string ucalalee into a dixie cup string speaker to another model of a dixie cup, the second dixie cup of course biased correctly with some dental floss.

Mods... This thread is getting out of hand... Some self control people... ;)

I say he has an iPad, iRig and AmpliTube... Then for his "fly rig" he has an iPhone with the same setup... Only thing is that he has it on an iPhone 2G cuz he thinks it sounds more vintage... ;) :D

Last edited:
You guys think I'm kidding? It is for real, he's done the whole Fractal audio thing to drive the price down and availability up of all those tube amps he covets so much.
He built up this hype about the AxeFx then once he has us hooked he rolls out the waiting list plan. He sends out the coupons, not on a chronological basis but on a geographical basis... you see, once you get your coupon you sell off your tube rig cheap to finance the new AxeFx so you don't miss the deadline to use the coupon. He delivers the coupon based on the region he plans to harvest from next.
So when you put that sweet tube amp of yours up for sale on Craig's List the guy that comes to buy it cheap is really Cliff Chase....in disguise of course but really, what are the odds that this same guy would just happen to be in each town where we all sold our tube amps?

Attachments

• cliff in disguise.jpg
    cliff in disguise.jpg
    6.7 KB · Views: 39
Reactions: jon
a one string ucalalee into a dixie cup string speaker to another model of a dixie cup, the second dixie cup of course biased correctly with some dental floss.

I am almost to this step dealing with this damn ground loop! Doooooooooooooooh!

Reactions: jon
You guys think I'm kidding? It is for real, he's done the whole Fractal audio thing to drive the price down and availability up of all those tube amps he covets so much.
He built up this hype about the AxeFx then once he has us hooked he rolls out the waiting list plan. He sends out the coupons, not on a chronological basis but on a geographical basis... you see, once you get your coupon you sell off your tube rig cheap to finance the new AxeFx so you don't miss the deadline to use the coupon. He delivers the coupon based on the region he plans to harvest from next.
So when you put that sweet tube amp of yours up for sale on Craig's List the guy that comes to buy it cheap is really Cliff Chase....in disguise of course but really, what are the odds that this same guy would just happen to be in each town where we all sold our tube amps?

:lol that would explain no international shipping :lol

cliffsrig2.jpg

Back
Top Bottom