Whats Cliff doing now?

I’m a big fan of “Ship it when it’s ready.” I’ve done enough work in software to know it’s the safest approach. Looking forward to trialling this when it’s actually done, but in the meantime, I get phenomenal sounds from the existing cabs.

We only have 19 cabs captured at the moment. I could release a public beta but the cabs will change and any presets you create with the beta would not be forward compatible.
Probably best to just wait until it's closer to completion, as much as I hate to say it. That being said if you do plan to release it now, I won't not download it.

We only have 19 cabs captured at the moment. I could release a public beta but the cabs will change and any presets you create with the beta would not be forward compatible.
That's a lot of cabs already. I estimated around 30 cabs to cover "everything" if you included a bunch of bass cabs and 4x12 variants but 19 would already cover a lot of ground.

But honestly I'd rather you put the finishing touches on it before releasing, even if people are always anxious to try the new things.

Personally I'd try the beta even if there were only one cab, even knowing presets are not forward compatible. I'd do it just to get used to how it works and feels. I can understand not wanting to release it yet, but I'd jump at the chance to try it. Luckily for me, I'm about to spend a bunch of time rewiring my guitar right now, so I won't thinking about it!

Regardless, thank you Cliff and FAS for making this the next big feature. It was a wish so big to me I just really thought it would never happen. So even if it's released to the public a month from now, or whenever it's truly ready, that's great too. You guys know what you're doing.

Come on guys, the wait will be worth it. In the meantime feel free to add to a playlist to help us through these trying times ;)

Sorry, couldn't resist. Have a great weekend all (I'm looking at you especially Fractal team!)

a would not be forward compatible.

Two Fm9s sitting here in case Van Halen or Led Zepplin calls me for a reunion tour... I can hear a faint beep coming from the III that sounds like it's saying beeta please.

@FractalAudio No breakfast? what about second breakfast? elevensies. lunch..afternoon tea, dinner? supper?
The Lord Of The Rings Breakfast GIF

Back
Top Bottom