Whatever happened to Liquid Foot?

Ant Music

Fractal Fanatic
after waiting for months for Jeff from liquid foot to get his shit together i went out and got myself a Gordius Little Giant 2 (love it) and on the day it arrived there was a lot of talk about Liquid Foot being back in the game. There seemed to a lot of excitement surrounding the announcement from Jeff etc but the website still looks like it hasn't been updated at all and I can only wonder if anything actually ended up coming good for the Liquid Foot buyers ie; bug fixes, FW updates etc... you know, actual customer support. seemed a lot of people were pretty shitty with the whole thing. I would love to hear the real story.

AFAIK website should be updated monday 20th (june I suppose)

here's jeff's post on the liquid-foot forum:

Dear All,

In a matter of days, the release of the new Company, the new web-site, the new support system, and new products will be introduced. Everything is about to get better. Thank you for the patience of those who were awaiting feedback of some kind. I am catching up, and the new support system will insure very short email wait times for EVERYONE- existing and new customers alike.

Most of you know that existing customers come first- and while there are 5 or so people that haven't had the best service, there are hundreds who are very happy- and I thank all of you. Most of you also know I don't usually post responses to complainers, so they have a right to speak as well.

The new web-site has a trouble ticketing system-- fill out the issue- and it WILL get taken care of quickly. If you have current issues or open items- fill out the trouble-ticket when the new web-site goes up (Monday I believe) and then you will receive priority.

ALSO:

1. Liquid-Tracks LT-50 and LT-100 will be released on Monday. Everyone purchasing one will receive an LT-100 for the LT-50 Pricing as a special opening offer.

2. I have had awful problems with parts suppliers, especially my enclosure manufacturer. It is the cause of most if not all of the delays on Liquid-Foot products. Those days are near gone- I have 2 new metal fabrication suppliers and so far so good! We have new assemblers here in the United States which will be making endless supplies of our products, and TIMELY!

3. The time to market for the next products will be much quicker now- Liquid-Router (Audio switcher), and two new products will be coming very soon. Wanted Liquid-Tracks to launch without issues. Wanted to get the support and service systems in place so we can provide great support for both existing and new customers.

4. New Web-Site, New Forum will be POSTED on this forum site.

Thank you. I very much appreciate everyone's patience and excitement. Things took a bit longer to setup then I would have liked, but we are almost there now!

Jeff

liquid-foot.com • View topic - UPDATE ON EVERYTHING

I have a liquid foot pro and have no desire to trade it for a MFC-101. Feature set is the same except the direct control, which I wouldn't use. And one less preset button and 4 less IA's. I need more IA's not fewer!

I'm hoping Jeff brings out the expansion board for the LF-pro

well, in my case, i have a LF jr. as of now fractal doesn't make a smaller version of the MFC-101 so i'm sticking with my LF jr

Gotta love the LF jr. I set it up in 8 IA mode. Click the menu button and it shifts to 8 presets, pick a preset and it goes back to 8 IA's. Got the instructions for this from voes page, and I love it!

It makes sense with the smaller Junior model, but what's the benefits of using a Liquid-Foot Pro compared to the MFC since the prices are almost the same?

It makes sense with the smaller Junior model, but what's the benefits of using a Liquid-Foot Pro compared to the MFC since the prices are almost the same?

That was already covered above. One more preset button and four more IA's. I have mine configured with 12 presets and 10 IA switches.

Terry.

Last edited:

Its been a while since I followed the LF Pro but I think their niche is the degree of programability. I don't remember all the features but Stepped IAs meaning on the first click it does one action, on the second a different action, on the third... I don't remember all the rest but the impression I had was that it was the most versatile in terms of programming. Wasn't there also a "page" feature where you could switch a page and all your IAs had different actions. I think also some advanced triggering stuff where on IA could trigger others. Again its been a while so my memory no doubt is rusty.

well the reason i wanted the Liquid Foot originally was because of the compact LF jr. i'd rather that than a much bigger MFC 101. but the Gordius is serving me very well and the customer support has been nothing short of amazing. I'm looking forward to the new FW update that is on it's way.

Why on earth would people want a liquid foot for the Axe-Fx when the MFC-101 is out?

Even if the MFC-101 is a very powerfull midi-controller, the LF is more powerfull than the MFC-101.

some things it can do:
  • global IA, grouping, sysex (also on MFC-101)
  • one extra PC-switch
  • five extra IA-switches (yes 5, you can program the Menu-button to be an IA-switch)
  • 20 on-commands 20 off commands for each IA
  • 8 override commands on each PC-switch
  • 4 layers of 16 switches. you can program an IA to move to another layer, or you can hold the IA and it will activate the underlying layer switch. (like the tempo/tuner switch on the mfc-101 but for every 16 switches and totally prgrammable)
  • trigger another IA-switch
  • you can change the CC of you expression pedal with an IA-switch, or even better, with the toe-switch on your expression pedal (very handy)
  • also the step command is a clever function: for example would you could cycle the delay mix like this: 0% 25% 50% 100% 0% 25% ....

more info here: Liquid-Foot Pro - MISC: Features

but if you don't need that and you have an Axe-Fx than the MFC-101 is probably a better choice. much easier to program (more like plug and play)

Also because of all the features, the Liquid-Foot is harder to program (especially if you're a MIDI-noob)

Gotta love the LF jr. I set it up in 8 IA mode. Click the menu button and it shifts to 8 presets, pick a preset and it goes back to 8 IA's. Got the instructions for this from voes page, and I love it!

That's the way I do it and I love it!!!

And I should give a HUGE thanks to Voes for his very helpful tutorials which really got me going with my LF Jr. Thanks Voes!

Love my LFJr!! It was Patrick who helped me to dive into the deep end. For the size and whallop, it delivers. Here's a recent pick:
LFJr.jpg

Also, click here to see how I use it.

Good to hear they are rolling again. I love my LF jr, but it would be cool if they started working on firmware again. Still a few minor bugs to work out...

Great company with good products - hope things continue to go well for them.

Why on earth would people want a liquid foot for the Axe-Fx when the MFC-101 is out?

A couple of reasons. LF Jr. in much smaller and more compact than the 101. It's also programmable in a ton of ways that the 101 is not as noted so eloquently above. The level of customization with the LF products is astounding. I'm glad it looks like they're still around and coming back to life.

Mike

Last edited:
sold my fx1 and epxander and just picked up a Jr. LOVE it. so configurable it's scary. every day i learn something new, or different ways i can use it.

Back
Top Bottom