Whatcha guys using in a live context to place your rack with AXE-FX on?

Dolan

Inspired
I have a table I picked up at Walmart, but it doesn't seem to be sturdy enough for my tastes. We've all too much money tied up in our gear for a table to collapse. Whatcha got?

My Axe III is in a 6 space SKB short rotorack. I have some tilt back screw in arms that I got somewhere that tilts the rack up to me. It is usually on the floor but angled upwards. The setup works and looks great! I used that setup when I am using the Friedman's ASC-10s for my monitors.

When I bring the cab, the rack simply sits on the 212 cab.

Throw a few more things in there (IEMS, a power conditioners, wirelesses, a drawers for strings, pick, tools, slides, etc.) and you can justify a small rolling rack. Then you just stack your guitars on top and roll the whole thing from vehicle to stage in one trip!

I've been using something like this at home and at gigs for the past 7 years. (Used something similar back in the '80s when I was gigging 6 nights a week.) Not fancy, but light, compact to move, and plenty strong to hold my 4u rack case.

Amazon product ASIN B00ATJGVSC

Mine is mounted in an all-in-one rack, so we've got our XR18, 2 splitters, a 1u patchbay, power conditioner, bass amp, noise suppressor for bass amp, IEMs, guitar wireless, and a drawer all stuffed into a rack.

The Quick-Lok RS-540 is a great solution. My band has 2 although we often stack 3 Axe Fx racks on top of our IEM rack these days...

I use a stand I made from Gibraltar drum rack parts. It's great because I can adjust it to suit the stage situation. I've been meaning to post it in the Rigs thread, am away from home but will when I get back next week.

Back
Top Bottom