What would you do? Line 6 Power Cab or Friedman ASC

I appreciate the input everyone. I decided to give the PC 212+ a go simply because of the ease to get it. So far, it sounds pretty damn good. I have nothing to compare it to because I've always run my III into my studio monitors.

It's nice to look up and see something that resembles a cab. It adds to the experience of playing guitar, imo.

So, I have 45 days to give this a thorough trial run. I'm hoping at the end, I'm happy with it. Otherwise, the search continues lol

Good stuff! The PC212+ is a great sounding unit and plenty loud! Enjoy! If I didn't have the Friedmans and got them both at such a great price, I would have gotten that unit again. It is really well designed.

I've had pair of Atomic CLRs for years and in more recent years have purchased a few L6PC112+s to have at various rehearsal locations, etc. because I'm too lazy to transport. I haven't yet tried the 212+ since I can get more physical stereo separation with 2 112s when needed. I've had a lot of success with all of these cabs. I find the PCs seem to "push more air" than the CLRs, but also seem to be much more directional. Soundwise, they're all great in my opinion. I agree with the above post that I paid more money than necessary for the PC+'s onboard IR storage - I never use that functionality and always run them in FLAT mode. I also never cared for the built in "speaker simulations".

I have owned several PC112+'s and thought they were pretty good until I A/B'd one directly with an Atomic CLR Neo II. The PC sounded like it has a blanket over it in comparison. Despite that, I use a PC112+ for my church gig and it's fine, except that it is VERY directional. I don't care much for the speaker sims either, and unless you were going to use a Helix with it (which can remotely switch the speaker sims or on-board IRs) I wouldn't pay the extra for the Plus version. I can't recommend the Atomic CLR highly enough, except that is damn near impossible to get one these days.

Back
Top Bottom